How did you dispose of your JW books? (Or did you?)

by exwitless 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LynnA
    LynnA

Most of my books were tossed when I moved long-distance. I did keep a large size NWT, which I took great delight in tearing to tiny tiny bits during my 'discovery phase' of cult recovery. I still have my 1980 Aid book, the one they hate to have people see because Ray Franz worked on it. Anyone wanting that book, let me know. For sale really really cheap.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I left most of them behind in the house I shared with my ex husband, ohters I gave to other ex dubs who wanted them

• Gill
    Gill

One very cross huband + 3 very large cardboard boxes + 1 Renault Espace with rear seats removed + 1 short drive to the tip + 3 flings into the paper recycler + 0 Watchtower literature left!!!

Everyone happy again! You know what the WTBTS recommends that you search your house for anything that might be demon possessed that could be causing you unhappiness or problems!!! Well that's what we did and lo and behold, it was the WTBTS literature that was demonized!!!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm still collecting them.

If any JW tries to bullshit me about their teachings, I need to know more about them than they do and I want the hardcopy to prove my points.

Cheers

Chris

• jeanV
    jeanV

some of the old books are worth being kept, particularly life everlasting in the freedom of the children of God, a masterpiece. Funny that is not being studied again at book studies

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Left almost all of them in the trunk of my car when it got towed :D

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I threw them all into the recycle bins. It took several months to get rid of it all, but I didn't want the garbage men hurting their backs. I didn't want to hurt my back either. I estimate there was about half a ton of it altogether.

W

• Geko_man
    Geko_man

I totally recomend burning them, it's really satisfying to watch them fade away and dissapear =) Although some watchtowers and awakes were a bit scary, because if they burned as a flat page you could still read the text afterwards! I made sure to stoke them into the fire though. Oh and like others have said the colours that come out are great too!

Happy burning everyone (or any other way of disposal)

• snowangel
    snowangel

I just trashed them little by little. I was moving out of my parents house at the same time I was leaving the org, I didn't want to crush my mom's heart more than I was already, so I threw out the magazines and small stuff there and threw the books out when I got to my new place. It felt weird but liberating at the same time. :)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I sold all the old books, a couple of the large very old WT's, a few Golden Age magazines (from my stepfather) that had some monetary value, on ebay, and I made a lot of money.

Kept a few things........some had sentimental value, and a couple were worth keeping for research.

The rest we dumped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit