Is It Impossible To Reach A Devout JW ???

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty
    (3) someone that the Christian Congregration of Jehovah's Witnesses identifies as being devout (good/exemplary standing), based on the elders' rulings formed from their interactions with/about the particular individual; and/or (4) someone that Jehovah recognizes as devout

Well as I can see here is the problem !

A problem that many have found themselves in. A contradiction between (3) and (4 )

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Yes, and unity between Jehovah and his people is essential.

• caliber
    caliber

Seeds of doubt can only sprout when there is something like personal injustice in ones life . Otherwise things seem not too bad

It's like a joke a heard years ago... this child was five years olds and had never spoken ... one day out of the blue he says

"this food is burnt ".... well the parent were overjoyed .."..he can speak it's a mircle" . the boy says .."no it's not a miracle

it's just that up untill now everything has been great !!"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was a devout JDub. Raised in the lie. pioneered, MS and Elder with many responsibilities.

Yes, I had heard some things that didn't add up but I buried them as I waited on Jar-Hoover to vacuum them away.

It was during my service as an Elder that I saw the cracks, the lies, the deceit the weirdo reasoning. I was badly treated by members on the body who wanted nothing more than glory and power. I resigned and decided to build myself up 'spiritually' so did some REALLY DEEP study into 607BCE and other stuff. All the stuff I had doubts about but had burried.

Guess what! Yup! My doubts weren't answered but multiplied due to washTowel nutty reasonings.

The 'overlapping contempories' was one of the final straws - what a crock!!!

I didn't want to read 'apostate' stuff as I wanted to give the washTowel a fair hearing.

I started to read 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' by Steven Hassan. To this day I haven't got beyond chapter 4.........I don't need to! It all added up to WTBTS+DOCTRINE=DESSTRUCTIVE CULT!

Bottom line. I walked out of the KH one day and told my family that's it I quit!

SO. In answer to the thread question I'd say

Is It Impossible To Reach A Devout JW ??? No. But it might take something to happen to them that puts the WTBTS in negative light first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit