Weird Watchtower article, Russell's grave worship in the background

by needproof 23 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

So just about everybody here knows that Russell had some sort of obsession with the Pyramids, and his gravestone serves as that embarassing reminder to his false prophecy, shaped like a pyramid itself. And this is why I found this image on a AWAKE! magazine of 2005 quite disturbing. Entitled 'I wanted to learn more about my religion', it tells the story of a little girl who had constructed a pyramid herself and placed on it a load of info about our lovable cult.

Is this the WT telling us something about the way it still views Russell, maybe I am looking too much into it but we know how they make this kind of stuff up.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Notice the quotes from her are seperated with the words, "she says". They could have been from two different sentences. She may have the Holocaust as only a part of her project. Since she said she wanted to know about the history of JWs, which includes much more than the Holocaust, you may be right about the pyramid in her project having to do with the pyramids of CTRs day. After all they were all over and inside the literature so that any study of the religion would reveal them.

The WTS may have chosen to photograph the Holocaust side of the pyramid and only mention her Holocaust quote. It would be interesting to see the whole thing and hear everything she researched for her project.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Let's hope one day she will find out that the chosen channel of god to reveal his truth Charles Taze Russell was in fact an occultist obsessed with pyramids and other occultic practices.

• needproof
    needproof

I think you two are correct on all counts. It just looked really strange to me, almost occultic, if that is the correct word. I mean why the hell would a young girl design a bloody pyramid?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

needproof, thanks for a fine example of reading too much into something. The girl constructed a pyramid, because the JWs had purple triangles in the Nazi camps, not because of anything to do with Russell's pyramidology. It is a purple pyramid because it is made up of 4 purple triangles.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

It's a little unfortunate that its presented as a pyramid but as the article says the model is a representation of the purple triangle badge.

• needproof
    needproof

Ok sorry guys. If the article says it then it must be true.

• needproof
    needproof

and by the way, a pyramid has 3 sides.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Most JWs dont have any clue about the occult view of pyramids and since they may be familiar with how the heights of the pyramids of Geza were used to figure out "significant dates" in Watchtower history, and no mention of the negative connotation of pyramids was mentioned in the article which is in the AWAKE for the commoners...probably it went unnoticed. Also most JWs dont know about Russells choice of grave monuments.

Hopefully this little girls interest in studying the history of her religion will extend into her teens and 20s and she will learn what the "troof" really is.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    and by the way, a pyramid has 3 sides.

You're starting to worry me, needproof. While a pyramid is technically any structure with a polygon with any number of sides, at the base going to point at the top, typical pyramids, like the ones in Egypt, have a square base, and therefore have 4 sides. But surely you knew that already???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit