For you "sisters" who married in the "Truth"...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go
    you guessed it...a daughter of an elder who was pioneering and wanted to serve at bethel.

Resistance is Futile!

• 5go
    5go
    There was a young lady that I liked, being fluanted by her husband. No one was interested in him. They split and both were df'd in less than ten years. Neither made good marriage material and both have been single for 20 years.

Oh god there is a red hed who is going thru the same thing in my hall to bad I think she still is a Resistance is Futile!

and I am not sure of the status of the marriage.Aaargh!!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

No, but a couple of months after I was dfd and the week before we got married I took my non-witness man to a convention and paraded him around in front of all the people who considered me invisible.... does that count?

We stayed for a couple of hours; notably for the drama, and made jokes all the way through. It got so appalling we called it quits early in the afternoon session.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Thank you all so much for your responses. I guess my hunch was correct after all. My husband is what they would call 'worldly' and I show him off anyway. No need to show him off at the conventions or assemblies ... seeing that we certainly wont be attending any of those time wasters.

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

I hope I am responding using the proper method. Haven't been on this site for probably 4 years but I was accepted using my user name and password.

I think any flaunting that was being done by either males or females was probably because now these people were now "getting some"

• 5go
    5go

I hope I am responding using the proper method. Haven't been on this site for probably 4 years but I was accepted using my user name and password.

I think any flaunting that was being done by either males or females was probably because now these people were now "getting some"

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Yeah. And I would be very proud to flaunt my "worldly" husband at a KH / Convention now. LOL - complete with cross necklaces.

• La Capra
    La Capra

The last convention I attended was when I was 19. I suspect I already knew I was through. I do not recall the "flaunting" of new marriages, but it may not have been on my radar yet. What I was annoyed by, though, was not being able to tell by looking, who the more intellectual types were. I could tell the moneyed single guys by the fit and style of their suits and the quality of their haircuts (and glasses if they wore them), but it still didn't tell me if they were clever, professional or articulate. Out in the "real world" appearance tells you so much more than at a JW gathering. Not everything, but yes, more. Shoshana

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't think my ex "showed me off". I didn't have a title in the congregation, and I never underlined my watchtower, so by JW standards that made me a deadbeat POS. Now I'm a demonized apostate and our divorce will be final soon. Maybe she'll be able to find a nice, spiritualâ„¢ company man to marry.

W

• helncon
    helncon

Looking back over the years i was so glad i never married a JW !!

I have wondered what my life may have been like would have stayed ?

There were a few guys that i did have a crush on and even one of them was a guy who my cousin had previously been engaged with some time before his mum loved me heaps and really wanted me to be her daughter in law.

I often wonder what happened to all the very young ones that got married, i did see some of them a few years ago they were still married but did not look like anything like i remembered. Back then they were the most popular pretty and handsome people that i ever knew but now they have ' let themselves go'.

I am glad that i never married a JW life is complicated enough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit