For you "sisters" who married in the "Truth"...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Just a poll question. At the first Convention/ Assembly following your wedding ... did you parade around the Convention site gloating in other sisters' faces, showing off your new husband? I've never done it, but I can't help but suspect that others do.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

OF COURSE I DID!!!
    Loads of other 'sisters' were after my hubby but I got him and flaunted it shamelessly!
    DNC

• themonster123
    themonster123

would that be bad if they did? Marriage is a good thing!

• 5go
    5go
    For you "sisters" who married in the "Truth"...

HA HA SUCKERS !!!!!!

Is what should of followed.

I was a victim of the flaunting of so many married couples but ultimately I got the last laugh.

Those marriages don't seem to last very long. And when they do you can tell they are miserable.

My former bestfriend used to flaunt his girl sometimes I tried to warned she is goin to go wild. So did everyone else. They are still married but not after she was DFed and almost got knocked up by her real boyfriend in the first six months of the marriage. Fortunaly for him her family cut off her money till she went back to him. Sad they have a kid now to.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Heck! I say do it! Stumble as many of them as you can! Get them out! Wake them up!

• 5go
    5go
    Heck! I say do it! Stumble as many of them as you can! Get them out! Wake them up!

Heck worked for me ! That and the afore mentioned incident she the wife was reinstated in record time. Because her family had MONEY AND PRESTIAGE. Things I thought didn't matter in the witness world.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

BTW frequent fader, I love your avatar! I'm jealous!

• DJK
    DJK

Way to go 5go.

There was a young lady that I liked, being fluanted by her husband. No one was interested in him. They split and both were df'd in less than ten years. Neither made good marriage material and both have been single for 20 years.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh my god!! I am SO glad that I never married a dub!

HUGE THUMBS DOWN. I was hardly ever interested in any of those guys. When I look back and see some of the guys I did have a crush on I am saddened at the waste of such fine young lives. They are still in, I don't know if they are happy or not, but if they are still the inquisitive "non conformist" dudes I once knew, they are probably bummed out about their lives...

This makes me sad...

But at the same time I breathe a HUGE sigh of relief...

-K

• LaniB
    LaniB

I was the "victim" of the flaunters but it was so funny because more than half the time the guy was no one they'd have even looked out if they were outside and had more choice.

However I will admit there was one brother I did adore for years, however even at fairly new in the church I knew I had no chance with him. He was a pioneer, son and grandson of elders and bound for bethel. My best friend in the congregation was the daughter of an elder and a pioneer and had a crush on his younger brother. We use to laugh and say that the boys would only marry girls who had at least one elder in the family, were pioneering and wanted to head to bethel or gilead. She fulfilled all those catagories so at least had a chance with the younger brother.

Kind of strange now looking back that even then I subconciously knew that I wasn't considered good enough for certain brothers, kind of like I was a second class citizen, but I still stayed. Probably because I was very close to my older sister who had got me to study and get baptized and had told me (even before she got baptized) that if I was ever disfellowshipped that she would cut me off and have nothing to do with me (for my own good of course).

Those boys now, well they are both in their 30's, the elder is married to the granddaughter of an elder, whose family supported her so she could pioneer and they are now both at Bethel (with substantial support). The younger did rebel a bit running off with the wife of an elder but then was pulled back in line and last I heard had married.... you guessed it...a daughter of an elder who was pioneering and wanted to serve at bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit