My daughter has an assembly part....

by megsmomma 23 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

She just told me last night that she has a part. It is with her dad. She will be talking about a music teacher "making fun" of her for not participating in singing holiday songs. I asked her if that really happened to her, or if it is just pretending...and she said "It is pretending". I am so glad I am able to realize that this is how they do it.....and maybe she will not be so blind to the dubs as I was.(PS...she is almost 9)

She has to do this part for all 3 of their assemblies in the circut....I guess it is not easy to get people to do the parts nowadays. She also has to wear pantyhose and closed toed shoes....Ahhhhhh....I remember the days! I told her that a-lot of girls think it must be a man that invented pantyhose!! (She totally thought that was funny!)

I am proud of her though, and I told her this experience will be so good for her because it will give her some lessons in speaking to groups and not get to scared....and that will be good later in life. I try to put a positive, realistic spin on it.

• free2think
    free2think

Poor thing, I hated going on the platform, yuch. Well at least she can see what is real and what is not, think that must be coz she has you as a guiding influence.

• Zico
    Zico

Ah yes, I remember lying to thousands of people once. I felt bad about it, but the Convention overseer told me it was ok. It is a good thing though, she'll remember this, and when she's older, I'm sure it will lead her to question those bizarre experiences at every Convention and Assembly.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some ex dubs here have said that one of the few positive things they got out of the WTS was being able to start conversations and talk to other people because of such role plays and talks at the TMS. To me these role plays were ridiculously artificial and obvious propaganda for promoting the positions of the org eg the plays about the opposers of Moses and their punishment, obviously Moses stands for the FDS (ie the anointed oh oops the GB) and the opposers are the critical JWs. The message is clear, opposing the GB will result in severe punishment from their jehovah. What a load of bollocks and mind conditioning.

• penny2
    penny2
    She also has to wear pantyhose and closed toed shoes

And she's 8. That's ridiculous!

She will be talking about a music teacher "making fun" of her for not participating in singing holiday songs

I have never heard of this happening. Other kids, yes. But a teacher making fun of someone's religious beliefs would not be a teacher for long (at least in Australia). I grew up as a JW and never had a teacher make fun of me and I gather that teachers currently are very accommodating of religious differences.

penny2

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks for the responses....

Penny, I have never heard of that either. My semi-dub step dad said..."Well that could happen....lookat all the teachers having sex with the students" And that relates in WHAT way?? They are so BRAINWASHED!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Meggmom, I am glad that she will get the experience to be in front of others, I use to give assembly parts and now I have no desire to be in front of others, but this make believe and make it up as we go experiences is just a scam to enhance the witness side of the world. To make things up and then portray them as real, what is the difference of Santa Clause of the Easter Bunny? No wonder Pilate asked "What is truth"? What a shame to do is this way. then making your 8 year old dress a certain way, I sit here shaking my head.

abr

• needproof
    needproof

Well I gave over 75 talks in front of over a 100 people at a time, never got easier, still struggle to speak in large groups today.

Nice work in uncovering how they just make these things up....most examples and I believe most experiences were totally made up also.

• Rethinking
    Rethinking

I remember when I was in high school an elder approached me with a "scenario" and asked if I wanted to have a part on the assembly program related to my experience with the "scenario". I told him no because it never happened to me. He asked again and I told him no again. So he moved on to other young people.

I was shocked who ended up with the part on the program because it was known that the individuals were living a "double" life. I think all of it is a popularity contest for everyone. "So-and-so's son/daughter is going to be on the assembly program, ooooooo." Or "I was on the assembly program; I'm special."

I can honestly say that 99% of the young folks that have been on the programs when I was going up are now out "in the world" doing many "worldly" things. So much for "standing firm", huh.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think it's sad that a father would ask his daughter, a man that is supposedly representing the "truth" asks her to lie, and then cover it up with its just "pretend."

I never believe those scenerios with the youth. This confirms it. I just really thought they would not sacrifice children in this way.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit