What is your idea of worship?

by journey-on 26 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

When I was a JW, my idea of worshipping God was to put in at least 10+ hrs. in fs monthly, attend 5 mtgs per wk, study for those meetings, make back calls (or what is now called rv's), conduct Bible studies, have a family study once a week, pioneer when able, go to all the assemblies, etc. Now, well ?????? What, if anything, do you consider worship?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

To live a life that shows I appreciate life.

To treat others with love, just as I want to be treated.

To have faith in the creator.

To appreciate His creation.

To hope in his promise.

To remember his sacrifice and commemorate it.

To give to those in need

To forgive others as He forgives us.

BA- That is how I worship.

• mouthy
    mouthy

The way I worship now is...I pray before I put my feet on the floor each day. To ask the Creator to guide,,direct, lead me in the way to conduct myself this day. I pray for you lot & all my family members ( by name) I then try to do that which has to be done in the daily chores, I thank him at my meal times as I would anyone handing me food. I read a portion of scripture daily, I do not attend any Church,but I believe HE(Jesus) has not left me.I try to remember to do unto others as I like done to me....I believe God . is closer to me now than I ever felt him in my 25 years as a JW..... But I still think looking back on my life ( sometimes I was very bad) His hand was on me even then..You asked I told ya!!!

• 5go
    5go

Burke class destroyer but I have foundess for the Iowa class battleships.

Oh wait WORSHIP not WARSHIP

Um dang How about not destroying the planet he created, and admiring it.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Having an attitude of gratitude.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I no longer reduce the Divine to a book, or some thing so small as to be separate and apart from this very moment of conscious-existence. So, worship simply becomes life; which unfolds as less concern for the minds interpritations and beliefs, and more silent and acute presence with reality here and now.

j

• BFD
    BFD

Good question. Honestly, not much. I do treat others as I want to be treated and the planet as a gift to be treasured and respected. I do not judge others. I do not know what I believe as fad as god and the bible anymore.

By the way, I noticed something....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BFD

• greendawn
    greendawn

They put all the emphasis on those things so that someone that refuses to do them is thought of as inactive or spiritually weak though otherewise a very loving person. Worshipping God has more to do with developing a Christian personality rather than preaching for a cult.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Being open to the miracle of our existence.
    Being in awe of the fact that anything exists at all.
    Being joyful that we belong to the great pattern of existence known as the tao.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

singing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit