Online relationships - do they work?JWD is it a hotbed of cybernaughtiness?

by Crumpet 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    JWD is it a hotbed of cybernaughtiness?

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well, if you're a bundle of loveliness like Crumpet (I've met her in person), then it's not too hard, but if you're a beer-bellied old fart like me it takes a bit of effort.

Having said that, I developed a relationship with a woman in Florida. Although we have never met, and probably never will, we have corresponded by email every week for the past 8 years and I consider her a very close friend.

Dean.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I've had my interest piqued. That's all I'm sayin'.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Well, I have met several very nice men on different dating sites. Since they are local, we actually met fairly quickly. Some of the guys had better online presence than in person. I never thought I would do the online thing, but...well, circumstances change. I don't think I post on here enough to garner any attention from anyone on the board and that is not something I have strived for. I think online dating has its place and is worth trying out.

Freegirl

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I have a couple of friends who have found their spouse on-line. As for me, I have dated a couple of guys that I have met on-line, but I have found that for the most part their on-line persona is never who they truly are. But maybe that is just my experience.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    JWD is it a hotbed of cybernaughtiness?

Not like in the old days. I could tell you stories about the Bradford Hotel here in Dallas during a rather raucous apostafest in March 2003!

>ahem<

Oh my.

Chris

• Satanus
    Satanus

Big tex

Let me guess, valis was there?

S

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Let me guess, valis was there?

Oh yeah. Although his most outstanding contribution that weekend was getting spanked in front of all 50+ apostates while the entire restaurant staff of Dunston's lined the back wall. They couldn't decide whether to be shocked or laugh.

This is also where the legend of the Dreaded and Feared Slippy Cup began.

And then Little Toe and I wore our kilts. But I was more wiley than LT. No one got a picture of what I had up my kilt.

As for the Bradford, well all I can say is "What happens at the Bradford stays at the Bradford." Or so I swore upon leaving.

Chris

• ColdRedRain
  • hambeak
    hambeak

Nope never did. Have gone to a couple of parties and everyone was very nice and no hanky panky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit