Online relationships - do they work?JWD is it a hotbed of cybernaughtiness?

by Crumpet 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    no but I am looking for an online relationship...IM me if interested

I added ya anyway lmao!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You are such a flirtbag buttlight! LOL! I hope you come back here and hand in a report!

• Mystla
    Mystla

I met my hubby online, so I'd have to say yes, it worked for me

I think the best part was that it allowed us to become friends before we ever met in person. We got to know each other before we started dating. Neither of us was "looking" when we met, though, which might make a difference.

We've been together for 6 1/2 years now and are best friends.

Misty

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Yep..yep..yep.....

A friend of mine also hooked himself up with an online dating service - met his match - they dated 5 years and have been married 5. My sister tried it without success - she blamed it on men who continually brought their issues of past relationships into the date but my guess is that it was half her issues and attitude.

Never say never.....sammieswife.

• bluebell
    bluebell

I know someone from work who met their partner on-line, and theyre really happy. Its just like anywhere else, some people are honest some arent.

as long as you dont do anything obviously stupid like arranging to meet in a dark alley then go for it.

But you knew you'd get that comment didnt you? Had to put it anyhow.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

They can and certianly do, but you have to be careful. Sometimes people can fill in the blanks of people they know online with traits they find desireable, and then when they do finally meet they can be disappointed. People can also just outright lie about themselves.

As for the second question I haven't a clue. Although given the nature of this site it wouldn't suprise me that people are exploring their newfound freedoms. :)

• Mary
    Mary
    Has anybody here had a successful online relationship that translated into a real life relationship?

Well....it's a work in progress. Not sure how it's going to turn out but I'll be sure to let you know.

Would you consider having an online relationship if you haven't before?

I never in a million years thought I would.....but I guess after you've been on here a while, there are certain people that you gravitate towards, just like in real life.

What appeals in terms of online as opposed to real life?

Online I guess gives you the chance to get to know someone first. The advantage about this site is that you can look back over someone's post history to see if they're uh 'normal'....or, as normal as I am. Which isn't very normal......LOL!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Oh Mary! Well I am very happy for you - I hope it works out for you both. Yes you're right about the whole post history thing - that is a great help!!! God help him who is prepared to take on your considerable wit, formiddable no bulls***ing and obvious beauty!

• Mary
    Mary

Aaawwwww.....thanks hon! Geeze, you almost made me blush!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Mary I'm just delighted to have gotten a scoop on my thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit