Five Reasons Why Some Deny 911 Was An Inside Job

by badwillie 29 Replies latest social current

• under_believer
    under_believer

> It's on now for calling me names dingleberry!

Bring it MEGATRON! SHORYUKEN!

• badwillie
    badwillie

Matthew 13:13
    " Therefore I speak to them in parables: because they seeing
    see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand"

I will pray for you both. Remember, there is nothing to fear, there are lots of us here who were once right where you are now in your understanding of the world.

When you are ready or strong enough emotionally, things will become clearer.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

badwillie is one bad mofo

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Another person asking us all to deny what we saw with our own eyes and heard with our own ears.

Conspiracy Theorist: "I know you think you saw two airplanes fly into the WTC, set the buildings on fire, and that you also think you saw those buildings collapse because of that. But let me tell you what REALLY happened."

Me: "No thanks. I had enough of that when I was a JW. I prefer to use those things that the JWs limited me on - facts, reason, logic, research, the work of accepted experts in the field."

S4

• under_believer
    under_believer

You realize that your avatar isn't winning you any credibility points, right?

Next you're going to be trying to convince us of Lord Xenu's existence, and that we can effect positive change in our lives by getting audited and eliminated negative engrams.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am not much of one for conspiracy theories. I even think the WTS is a horse that got out of control.

I don't think 911 was an inside job. I know a woman who watched it from her hotel room across the street.

i doubt those guys had any reason to do anything to help fundamentalist american govt-much less be willing to die for them and bring their families grief for mere money. But that is just my feeling. George Bush did not look or sound heroic in the hours and days after the incident. He may have gotten a boost politically, but he is old, is the pres of the US already and had more money and power than he knew what to do with. Cheney is older, sickly-has no desire to be pres. and will be meeting his maker sooner than he would like. I wouldn't be doing that if I had faith in God. These are all my own reasonings. I will admit to thinking the best of people generally. I have very mixed feelings about the entire last few years. And they have led me in a very different direction than I thought. STILL, I can't think it was an inside job. And I know how that looks/seems, and I will have to let it stand.

• badwillie
    badwillie
    I can't think it was an inside job

Seeker, Under_achiever,

The quote above from JW Daughter highlights a little phenomona known as COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

We would all do well to understand exactly what that is.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Badwillie :

How is not thinking that 9/11 was a conspiracy = cognitive dissonance? Explain how this is an example of holding two different thoughts at the same time.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Gopher

CD occurs when there is a discrepancy between what a person believes, knows and values, and persuasive information that calls these into question. The discrepancy causes psychological discomfort, and the mind adjusts to reduce the discrepancy.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Badwillie,

What I read about CD is that it is incompatability between two cognitions held inside one's own mind. That would force a person to adjust or to invent a new belief in an effort to reduce the disharmony between the two incompatible thoughts.

However, if person #1 chooses to not accept what person #2 believes is persuasive, person #1 cannot be said to have CD. However, if person #1 accepts that new idea while trying to cling to their conflicting established idea, dissonance occurs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit