What happens AFTER baptism?

by onlycurious 12 Replies latest jw friends

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Now to answer the posted question "What happens after baptism".

As you arise out of the water a vision of a white dove appears to you and God's voice is heard saying

"RUN....RUN...FAST AND FAR....GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE AND DO NOT LOOK BACK OR I WILL SMITE THEE AND TURN THEE INTO A PILLAR OF SODIUM CHLORIDE"

~LL06

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    And as for you saying that Witnesses treat the Watchtower like the voice of God, well, technically you're right....Witnesses believe the Watchtower organization is the only mouthpiece of the "true God" or "Jehovah," but it's not like we explicitly said that.

I hate to break it to ya, monster, but....

w576/15p.370par.7OverseersofJehovah’sPeople***

Let us now unmistakably identify Jehovah’s channel of communication for our day, that we may continue in his favor. Listen to the inspired answer to the situation, in Matthew 24:45-47 (NW): "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." And has he? Yes, particularly since 1919 has it been true that he has appointed the collective body of the anointed remnant over all the visible interests of the Kingdom. The "slave" then became responsible not only for ministering to the needs of the anointed body members but also for taking on the responsibility of preaching the good news of the established Kingdom to people of all nations. (Matt. 24:14) Such is true not by their determination of it, but because God himself has so directed. "God has set the members in the body, each one of them, just as he pleased," is the way it is pictured in 1 Corinthians 12:18 (NW). It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Baptism is the first step in becoming an XJW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit