You and your double.

by LtCmd.Lore 17 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    We'd do everything together, and we wouldn't disagree over what we want to do because we would both want the same thing. We could double our income, and not fight over what to do with the finances.

LtCmd.Lore-------- Oh, reeeeeeaalllllyyyy???

SO--you've never been internally conflicted .....over, A - N - Y - thing?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    This does raise another question. Could my wife find this new development in any way useful or advantageous?

I don't know, I guess that depends on what she thinks when there's just one of you...

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Interesting point... but since we are identical we would both have the same internal confliction and eventualy come up with the same decision.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There seems to be an assumption that YOU, clone #1, would call the shots. What if your double saw it differently and assumed that YOU were HIS bitch? Sending you to work, while er, you stayed home and lay about?

Good in theory - problematical in practice.

Homobation, indeed! LOL!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Interesting point... but since we are identical we would both have the same internal confliction and eventualy come up with the same decision.
    Not so, my friend. While you're experiencing one set of environmental influences/ events of one moment, your double could be experiencing a different set of environmental influences/ events of a moment, duly changing what might have otherwisebeen the same conclusion/ decision.

(Did I explain that right?)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hmmm Lt.,

sounds like "finding yourself".

why don't you challenge yourself to a video game match? you could live your fantasy out tomorrow if you wanted to. the results would be the same. read: chess masters playing themselves.

if you saw your other self in the way that you wanted to see it, and it was doing the same to you, then it would be like being dreams in each other's heads. if you hated yourself, you would hate your other self too. if you ignored yourself, you would ignore your other self too. if you loved yourself, then the two of you would be in love. some would be naively tempted to compare this to marriage. but not so. this would be true bhramic bliss love. the two of you could be perfectly comfortable in each others company. actually, waking one morning and discovering your other self, would send you on an odyssey of "self discovery" because who would want to spend all their time with someone they hated, especially if it was one's own self? naturally you would want to come to peace with yourself, so that you could be at peace with your other self. and in that journey, the two would become one... again.

actually, in a very real way, we already all live with our doubles. i mean, when you ask yourself a question, who are "you" asking it to?

tetra

tetra

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Slightly OT, but I met someone who KNEW my double in HS. My double was a really nice girl that I would look like if I was much heavier. . . -wonder what happened to her? Well, when I was told about this girl he was reminded of, I realized that this slightly heavy, much taller and missing some hair guy I was talking to. . .went to high school with me. As we were in a different state at the time, it was a very surreal conversation.

I am sure that there is no standard church that would advocate sex with ones clone. But the WT articles would be funny:)

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'd just talk to myself, and look myself up and down and say to myself what happened! Then I'd tell myself to go get some help!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit