Long Time Current Bethelite's Take On the Young, New Gov. Body Members

by Seeker4 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• uninformed
    uninformed

(Micah 6:7-8)

8 He has told you, O earthling man, what is good. And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God?

Brant

• zack
    zack

How I didn't see it before, I do not know and Why I didn't act on it as soon as I saw it, I do not know.

But anyone who declares himself the steward of all of God's work on Earth is at the very least a megolamaniac, no?

Any long time Bethel members with a conscience will have issues with the new guys on the GB.

• metatron
    metatron

This should not be a surprize, if you carefully follow what the Society publishes. I believe there

is evidence that they made a start at reforming various doctrines and practises - only to see them

derailed by the addition of these new fanatics on the GB.

More than that, look at what Herd revealed! These idiots can't agree on an assembly theme, so how

can they agree on anything else - especially when they need a 2/3 vote!!!

The organization is not going to change anything - unless lawsuits or lack of contributions

force them to - it's just that simple.

metatron

• jgnat
    jgnat

Avidbiblereader, my thoughts exactly. The new generation is harder than the old. 2 Chronicles 10:10-16. I wonder how often they pick up their bibles? They should at least be able to avoid the folly of repeating history.

Anyways, a hardline leadership will just hasten the demise.

• unique1
    unique1

How incredibly honest.

• Gill
    Gill

No surprise at that attitude at all!

All my cousins are Elders and VERY STRICT to the point of fanaticism with their chidlren.

If the newer GB members are like them, it's hardly surprising that the sheep are gonna get beat more than ever before!

• sspo
    sspo

This might happen in the future- After Solomon died the people turned against his young son

However, he left the counsel of the older men with which they had advised him, and he began to take counsel with the young men that had grown up with him, who were the ones attending upon him. 9 And he went on to say to them: "What is it that YOU are offering in counsel that we may reply to this people who have spoken to me, saying, ‘Make the yoke that your father put upon us lighter’?" 10 In turn the young men that had grown up with him spoke to him, saying: "This is what you should say to this people who have spoken to you, saying, ‘Your father, for his part, made our yoke heavy, but, as for you, make it lighter upon us’; this is what you should speak to them, ‘My little finger itself will certainly be thicker than my father’s hips. 11 And now my father, for his part, loaded upon YOU a heavy yoke; but I, for my part, shall add to YOUR yoke. My father, for his part, chastised YOU with whips, but I, for my part, shall chastise YOU with scourges.’"

And Jer·o·bo´am and all the people proceeded to come to Re·ho·bo´am on the third day, just as the king had spoken, saying: "Return to me on the third day." 13 And the king began to answer the people harshly, and to leave the counsel of the older men who had counseled him. 14 And he went on to speak to them according to the counsel of the young men, saying: "My father, for his part, made YOUR yoke heavy, but I, for my part, shall add to YOUR yoke. My father, for his part, chastised YOU with whips, but I, for my part, shall chastise YOU with scourges." 15 And the king did not listen to the people, because the turn of affairs took place at the instance of Jehovah, in order that he might indeed carry out his word that Jehovah had spoken by means of A·hi´jah the Shi´lo·nite to Jer·o·bo´am the son of Ne´bat.

When all Israel got to see that the king had not listened to them, then the people replied to the king, saying: "What share do we have in David? And there is no inheritance in the son of Jes´se. To your gods, O Israel. Now see to your own house, O David!" With that Israel began to go to their tents. 17 As for the sons of Israel that were dwelling in the cities of Judah, Re·ho·bo´am continued to reign over them.

Subsequently King Re·ho·bo´am sent A·do´ram, who was over those conscripted for forced labor, but all Israel pelted him with stones, so that he died. And King Re·ho·bo´am himself managed to get up into the chariot to flee to Jerusalem. 19 And the Israelites kept up their revolt against the house of David down to this day.
  • Zico
    Zico

And when this younger GB get old, who will they appoint in their place? More hardline members. And thus it will continue, maybe, it will even get worse.

• gumb
    gumb

AvidBibleReader was spot on with the 10 tribe split example.

I don't believe there will ever be a significant change within the WTS. One rather apt scripture from their 'Word Of God' follows.

"The sickened ones you have not strengthened, and the ailing one you have not healed, and the broken one you have not bandaged, and the dispersed one you have not brought back, and the lost one you have not sought to find, but with harshness you have had them in subjection, even with tyranny." - Ezekiel 34:4 (NWT)

• Quandary
    Quandary

Wonderful reference Gumb- I am going to make a note of it, it will fit nicely into my letter of disassociation which I plan to write by year's end. Thank you-

Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit