Do you still believe that you have a chance of living eternally?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Cass
    Cass

Yep, our bodies have the potentiol to keep regeneraing, so I think that it's possible.

I also think that it's most likely God who will make the descision whether people continue living or not.

but i'm pretty sure I wont be one of them, not sure how i feel about that.

Cass

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Ruby said:

So much of organized religion, worship, and seeking god can be catagorized by a fear of death. We're scared to die, and we're even more scared that there might be nothing more after that. As for me, I believe this is all I've got so it's my responsibility to make the most of it, to help others, and to happy not in selfishness or at the expense of others. I am scared to die, but now I fee joing a church or professing a belief in god would be dishonest, because I would only be doing so out of fear of dying, or going to hell for not believing in God.

Ditto.

I do know one thing. My occasional glances at suicide have almost stopped entirely upon learning about the ways things really are. I now believe that this life is probably all there is so such a permanent solution is just a little too "permanent" for my taste. I'm trying to live in the moment (tough to do when you've been programmed to postpone everything till the new system). I really enjoyed Crumpet's illustration about the party.

Party on boys and girls,

Nvr

• dh
    dh

not physically at all, but i think the sentient part of us may be eternal, or at least i think it probably lives for many many lifetimes, eternity is something i can't really grasp.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Cass, "I also think that it's most likely God who will make the decision whether people continue living or not but i'm pretty sure I wont be one of them" perhaps you are still too influenced by the JW thinking in having this negative outlook on the issue.

I asked an Orthodox theologian to give me their view on the resurrection issue but what he said didn't appear satisfactory to me. They believe the first resurrection of Revelation is the spiritual resurrection experienced by people accepting Christ and the Spirt in their lives. Not likely since many abandon the faith and thus "die" whereas those of the first resurrection are not to die ever again.

In addition the whole catholic/orthodox scheme doesn't fit in well with the Biblical picture. People die are judged and go to hell or paradise. Then they are brought out of hell or paradise (and resurrected physically) again on earth. What for, why should those disembodied souls be given a physical body again?

• Cass
    Cass

greendawn your'e right, and i was contemplating whether that was the case as I was writing the post!

it's hard to tell sometimes what you really believe and what you have just taken on board from all those years of being around J.W's

This board is handy though, It's great to get other peoples thoughts and understandings.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My missus is gonna bung me in the deep freeze until a scientist figures out how to eliminate the 'dying' gene.

Hmm, how about the Pet Semetary idea?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Cass, it may take some time to clear up the beliefs instilled by the JWs and forums do help to bring up to awareness useful ideas to clarify issues. The dub org is not one to talk about judging people through the way they behave towards it neither are they fit to serve as the vehicle for promoting God's kingdom. They are false prophets and deceivers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit