Do you still believe that you have a chance of living eternally?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Or, is it completely out of the question, and you know for sure that this life is it, and there is nothing else after.

Maybe you believe that there is a possibility of eternal life, but you don't qualify.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Physically here on earth? Nope. A soul or spirit that goes on. The ghost in my house thinks so apparently

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do you still believe that you have a chance of living eternally?

Everyone is going to be conscious for eternity according to the Bible.

Some are going to like it.

Some are not going to like it.

• bernadette
    bernadette

I'm thrilled with experiencing eternity - life, love, beauty for instance.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yes, that is still my hope:

John 3: 11-21:

11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. [

d ] 14Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[ e ]

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[

f ] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[ g ] 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[ h ]

As for where that everlasting, eternal life will be, who knows?

BA- We’ll know when we get there.

• anewme
    anewme

Uh, no.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think its pointless wasting any significant amount of time wondering what might happen after the end of this life, of which we can be sure of. Instead of wondering if something might happen after the party and then realising its all over and you didnt join in, much better to get involved as actively as possible on every level accessible.

I feel I have a responsibility now to live several lives. I have to live the life my mum, my dad, my sisters are probably never going to have. And if they ever escape their mental, emotional and physical prison I want to be able to say - but look I did this and experienced that and I lived it for you so I can tell you and share it with you retrospectively. While they dream of eternity and miss the life, love and beauty in front of them I will do my utmost to enjoy it all before my life ends.

I can't believe how awesome it is to love being alive so much and the endless possibilities that are open.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I think its pointless wasting any significant amount of time wondering what might happen after the end of this life, of which we can be sure of. Instead of wondering if something might happen after the party and then realising its all over and you didnt join in, much better to get involved as actively as possible on every level accessible.

Some day's I could agree with this Crumpet. Other days, I really wonder. I think, though, you worded this really well.

• free2think
    free2think

I can't believe how awesome it is to love being alive so much and the endless possibilities that are open.

I know exactly what you mean crumpet. I feel the same way. I feel like I've just woken up from a deep sleep and am finally starting to live. So I haven't really given much thought, at this point to what is going to happen any further down the track. That may seem a little short-sighted but it gets me through and enables me to cope with life now.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

I believe that when we die, we die. That's it.
    That thought doesn't frighten me or depress me as I assumed it would when I was a JW.
    I'm happy to accept my fate, but meanwhile I am enjoying my wonderful life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit