The floodgates are about to open in the UK.. Sunday Times article

by defender of truth 43 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jhine
    jhine

Slidin Fast I don't think that this was an attempt to put any blame on the victim I think that the point was that if she was wearing trouser or shorts it would have made it more difficult for an assault to take place .It seems a stretch but I think that what the lawyer was saying was the WT even helps paedophiles by how they make children dress .

Jan

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I like that they call it "Jehovah church" lol... not even an attempt to call them by the proper name.

Brilliant!, they don't deserve that legitimacy.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Bttt for any who missed this.

Go to page 1 for a scan of the article

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I like that they call it "Jehovah church" lol... not even an attempt to call them by the proper name.
    Brilliant!, they don't deserve that legitimacy.

I don't think that the 'proper name' is the same as it is for the rest of the world than it is for that tiny little wee group of people who think that dotting "i"'s and crossing "t"'s is where accuracy is at.

For 'the rest of the world', the JWs are a "church". It is what the rest of the world uses for language when talking about a religious group who meet together in buildings. "Jehovah's Witnesses", with all their colloquial language and cultic 'correctness', are the ones who fail to get it 'right'.

Just because you have encountered everyday, real world language in this article, does not give you the legitimacy to ridicule the contents of it.

*I am sorry - I re-read the post you made...I think you may have been referring to the illegitimacy of the JWs...I think I read your post wrong. I apologize!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit