Speculating on the future for pioneers

by OnTheWayOut 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Pioneer numbers will decline more its no longer seen as the "JW thing" to do. The young JW today doesn't want to spend all that time preaching. It no longer carries the "prestige" it once did.

OKAY. Seems like the votes are in.

Pioneers may just reduce in western countries on their own, while growing in developing countries as the
    Borg stays the same about encouraging people to pioneer.

There will always be encouragement to pioneer, but it may be more of a "once-a-year" aux. pioneer
    effort in the USA. Pioneers are the backbone of many congregations, wouldn't want them to stop.

Moving to a foreign land is difficult, not too many will, but they will move to foreign language congregations
    if the growth is there.

That seems to be the general opinions.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Pioneer numbers will decline more its no longer seen as the "JW thing" to do. The young JW today doesn't want to spend all that time

I do know of 2 older JW women who are pioneering. Widowed, thus not encumbered with family responsibilities and also taken care of financially via small pensions in some way. One is taking spanish language courses and attending the spanish language congregation. To me, it isn't the young that need be targeted - a gentle push on the young but a heavy hand on the older ones. I can see the next article coming in and telling the elderly that they should move in with their faithful sons and daughters so that they can a) keep close in their association and b) reduce the cost of living in 2 places which frees up either the younger women or the older women to pioneer. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit