Is this where I went wrong in my marriage?!

by deeskis 33 Replies latest social relationships

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Pipe down woman

Ooooh, my dream man!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

That's what I thought

• Warlock
    Warlock

Looks like we need to bring back 1955.

Warlock

• bavman
    bavman

For as much as it is commented on that the Watchtower taught women to be like that I sure never notied my ex JW wife acting that way.

• RAF
    RAF

it's all about :

REMERBER he is the master (of the house) ... You haveNO RIGHT (to question him).

Yeah ... interesting!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

1955 MY ASS!! Warlock-You wouldn't know what to do, or how to act!!

It's a good thing I'm at work....will post later.....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Even if this article is a "fake" it is NOT far from the REALITY of that time. I was born in 54, my sister in 51. My parents were married in 50. They were this quintessential good looking hard working post war suburbia couple and my mother was a stay at home mom. We did live in a Stepford growing up and it was a nice childhood for us. However, by the time the mid sixties and early 70s arrived my Stepford mom was coming unglued from having no life of her own and the shit hit the proverbial fan. My dad went looking for a new Stepford Wife and he found one but he didnt bother to divorce the first one before he started banging the second one.

We lived in a neighborhood of one income families, with 80 kids in 20 houses (predominantly Catholic neighborhood) and at noon the whistle blew on the fire station in town and we all went to our homes to eat our balogna sandwiches and watch Bozo the Clown while mom ironed. My mother smoked cigarettes and drank pots and pots of coffee boiled on the stove with egg shells in it to absorb the bitterness. She wasnt happy but like her mother, she was serving her man and doing her motherly duties through gritted teeth. She volunteered, she was on the PTA, she sewed clothes, she gardened, she entertained the ladies in the neighborhood for coffee clatches and was quite a cook. She always made a full meal for dinner and we cleaned that whole house every Saturday and had roast beef on Sundays after church. At 5:15 every evening all the dads would start rolling down the street from work and we would run to the curb to greet them and run along side the car all the way up the driveway. Dad would take care of the lawn and do the barbequing on summer holidays and worked two jobs to make ends meet so his wife could stay with the children.

So yes...that article is NOT far from center. But that lady? Holy shitski her head was on the verge of exploding everyday. And did the "husband" appreciate all she did? Hell no. He was too busy out getting HIS.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

That is not a description of a wife, that is a slave, I couldn't live with myself if I treated my wife like that.

abr

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Looks like we need to bring back 1955.

Let's go man! We'll hop in the DeLorean and go back to November 5, 1955, just in time to see doc invent the flux capacitor and also get ourselves some hot submissive women!

alt

Submissive women??? GREAT SCOTT!

• Balsam
    Balsam

LOL Sadly this is a real article from 1955, I remember finding this magazine at my Aunt Hazels house and she tried her best to be that kind of wife. I remember laugh when I found it around 1966 and said Aunt Hazel you need liberating. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit