Will we see the GB replace 1914 with a new date in the next 30 years?

by nvrgnbk 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jeanV
    jeanV

I would even think that the WT might quietly drop 607 BC while keeping 1914 without any other rationale. Just as it dropped the Great Pyramid and the former 606 BC figure which were its real calculation bases. And 1914 would just float on by being (1) the date of WWI and (2) "predicted 40 years in advance".

Isn't it wonderful, brothers and sisters, that in spite of the errors of his well-meaning servants, Jehovah led his organisation to such an amazing knowledge?

I'm not kidding. Should the WT do it tomorrow it would keep 99 % of its members. And the other 1 % it doesn't really care for.

that is my thought as well. once I wrote to a pro-JW site asking some questions about 607bce and their answer basically was that even if 607 should be wrong, the evidence (favourite JW word ) is that the time of the end started in 1914....

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Outlaw

At some point the date 1914 won`t exsist..The prediction of 1914 won`t have happened..Sure,some Jehovah`s Witness`s that ran ahead of the organization may have talked about it back in the old days..But it was never WBT$ policy to preach the 1914 doctrine at any time...OUTLAW

I'm starting to go into convulsions.

So very done with it,

Nvrgnbk

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think it is disgusting the way some of the brothers and sisters run ahead of Jehovahs organization. As an example many in eagerness to see the end of this wicked system come, calculated a generation from 1914 even though Jehovah's organization never said that. By the way at this point the only index that will be available will be 1990 - 20xx and none of the publications to prove them wrong will be on the CD-ROM

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My speculations, while I believe they are well founded, are just speculations.
    As I said, they will be soon shoring up their doctrine on the remnant, then we
    can speculate better, what's next.

BUT, I love this one-

the WT might quietly drop 607 BC while keeping 1914 without any other rationale

It makes sense. By the time it is proven to even the most stubborn JW that
    607 BCE is wrong, wrong, wrong- it doesn't matter. 1914 is correct because
    their re-written history says so, and World War One started then, so it must be
    correct.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

nvrgnbk..Hello to you too!..The games the WBT$ plays are very old and have been repeated many times..Thats why it`s not hard to predict what thier next move will be..It will be a repetion of what they have been doing all along...OUTLAW

• onacruse
    onacruse

stilla:

some of the brothers

Are you doing a parody of George Couch?

nvrgnbck, was Georgie still a "player" when you were at Bethel? I recall that he got promoted to something or other.

otwo, yes, the remnant. You recall all the studies about the "Ruth class," the "Ebed-melech class," etc, etc. ALL these (and soooo many others) would have to go away, obliterated, never written, never spoken, if the WTS gives up 1914.

• Zico
    Zico

They will never give up 1914. There's no need.

1935 they will have to give up, unless they come up with a way to drastically limit the 8000 anointed number.

As for 1919, that's just stupid. The faithful and discreet slave is the 144,000 anointed. The faithful and discreet slave is the Organisation appointed in 1919. but the 144,000 have been appointed as members of the faithful and discreet slave individually since the 1st Century... So not 1919? Get your head round that one.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mary -

The public talk at the 1993 DC said that "when these things start to occur lift your heads up" applied in the future, when at some point in the Great Tribulation celestial phenomena make all mankind realize this is the end,and the Witlesses were right all along.

I knew then that the WTBCS would have to cut the Generation teaching loose from 1914.

It did.

Oh the depth and wisdom in Hamstergod's cheekpouches!

HB

Oh YES!! And Fred Franz DID NOT die in 1992, because a friend of mine visited Bethel in Summer 93 and Franz was bedridden blind very deaf and losing the plot. The personnel just told him to rest and not worry about what was going on. (Any more info would compromise my identity)

I wonder what sort of power struggle went on as they waited for him to croak (sorry - bleat) his last?

And I want to know why it took so long to announce his demise?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello HB, Great post. You blew me away with your celestial phenomenon deal giving away the generation deal. You truly are a god amongst hamsters.LOL. Just one small difference with you, I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999% sure that Franz was dead at the very latest by January 1993. I'm almost certain it was 1992.

Ona, Couchie's pet-peeve was "quit slamming the car doors! we're trying to be good neighbors! knock it off, quit slamming the car doors when you get back from meeting!"

Strolling down memory lane in Brooklyn Heights,

Nvr

P.S.-Am I off topic? Oops.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

They gotta drop 607 BCE but at the same time retain 1919. Hmmmm.

I think they'll probably harp more and more on the two witnesses killed and resurrected in the book of the Apocalypse (which supposedly is all about the FDS) and its "historical" fulfillment with the FDS. They should just focus on Daniel 12 for any end time eschatology and come up with some more convincing interpretation of the x and y days in Daniel 12 .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit