Will we see the GB replace 1914 with a new date in the next 30 years?

by nvrgnbk 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello zugzwang,

Thanks for your perspective. The 120-year-thing you saw coming was alluded to in a study article dealing with the divine warning given in Noah's day in the Dec.15, 2003 Watchtower.

Nvr

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Yeah, the date setting thing will need to wait for several more years. They have alluded to the Noah-120 year comparison a few times. I honestly believe that if no major lawsuits change the dynamics, the GB (all of whom will have been born after 1935) will probably end up concentrating on 2034.

2014 will generate some excitement but I doubt any official speculation from COs or on assembly parts will be made. That won't stop the rank & file as we've seen from all the hubbub from that crazy false religion tract.

I think the GB will continue with the special campaigns, the allusions to "really soon now" and overall beating of the flock. Growth will probably start in the negative territory after 2014 and I think they have to wait until at least 2024 before they can really start hammering a 2034 date. That will be the last gasp.

You can only do a 1975 once a generation. The problem for the WTS is that a overwhelming majority of the younger folks are dropping out as soon as they leave home. Much more than in the 70s. So, they will have a smaller pool and my guess is that they will not be as loyal as the pre-1975 folks.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Doubting Bro.:

and my guess is that they will not be as loyal as the pre-1975 folks.

No, that my friend is a fact.

• Word
    Word

They dont have to replace 1914

The just have to announce that the 1000 years have now begun spiritually,

and introduce a spiritual explanation to everything else.

• bluebell
    bluebell

I'm going with the case for not mentioning 1914 for a while and letting it sink out of the r&f consciousness. And just mention that it was fortold correctly even if the chronology used was not quite right. But then i don't know how the 1919 and 1935 stuff would work cos aren't they all based on the same kind of chronology. oh idon't know and quite frankly i don't think alot of dubs do either.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

They are so busy with trying to ward off and slow down the pedophile cases coming at them that 1914 is the last thing on their minds at this time. The sept km has them trying to stop the rank and file from reading anything that will expose them for what they truely are.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit