Voting is now a conscience matter , Read out at Meeting Last night

by JWFreak 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad
    Mad

I guess you all can feel good about going out & voting for Hillary, now! Do you REALLY think I & my brothers don't vote because the WBTS TELLS us not to?

You know better...I HOPE!

• Confession
    Confession

Mad, your level of self deception is milkshake thick. It is no use trying to convince us that JWs think the way you say they do. We know how the good majority of JWs think because we wereJWs.

You're different? Good for you; we know some are like you. But if you're honest with yourself, you know that the vast majority of active, dedicated JWs do what they do because the Watchtower Society tells them to.

"If the Society says "jump," I ask, "How high?""

This is a common expression among JW elders and COs.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello mad,

I loved your avatar from the fist time I saw it.

The only logical (please correct me if I'm mistaken- I'm pretty sure you will anyway) reason that you would disobediently place yourself in the company of a bunch of apostates is that you've got some questions and doubts of your own about the "brotherhood." If so, I hope you're finding your time here beneficial. If you have other motives, that's cool too.

Not voting for Hillary either,

Nvrgnbk

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Going back to the original post

"Whilst ensuring that the principle of neutrality is respected. Each Christian should decide with his own conscience whether he attends the Voting station or not.

This has always been the case. I can recall back in my childhood , our old Cong Servant saying that there is no rule against going to the polling booth - once in the privacy of a secret ballot it is up to you what you put on the voting slip. I dare say that in lands where voting is compulsory a fair number of people feel motivated to spoil their paper , out of cynicism ...

Can you be shunned for voting ? Absolutely ! that was the original reason for the rule about dissociation , because legally they could not disfellowship. .. Dubs know what "Conscience" means in this case - a sop for the authorities

• onacruse
    onacruse

BB, you reference what I mentioned above.

that was the original reason for the rule about dissociation , because legally they could not disfellowship.

Is this the article you are thinking of? (To be honest, the "rules" about df'ing, da'ing, and "marking" have changed so often, I can't keep track):

*** w81 9/15 p. 23 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***

THOSE WHO DISASSOCIATE THEMSELVES

A Christian might grow spiritually weak, perhaps because of not studying God’s Word regularly, having personal problems or experiencing persecution. (1 Cor. 11:30; Rom. 14:1) Such a one might cease to attend Christian meetings. What is to be done? Recall that the apostles abandoned Jesus on the night of his arrest. Yet Christ had urged Peter, "When once you have returned, strengthen your brothers [who also abandoned Jesus]." (Luke 22:32) Hence, out of love Christian elders and others might visit and help the one who has grown weak and inactive. (1 Thess. 5:14; Rom. 15:1; Heb. 12:12, 13) It is another matter, though, when a person repudiates his being a Christian and disassociates himself.

One who has been a true Christian might renounce the way of the truth, stating that he no longer considers himself to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses or wants to be known as one. When this rare event occurs, the person is renouncing his standing as a Christian, deliberately disassociating himself from the congregation. The apostle John wrote: "They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us."—1 John 2:19.

Or, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4.) So if one who was a Christian chose to join those who are disapproved of God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he had disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yup! This letter looks like a neo-reading of the November 1, 1999 Watchtower, Question From readers

Military article for reading enjoyment:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/129912/1.ashx

• onacruse
    onacruse

Mad:

Do you REALLY think I & my brothers don't vote because the WBTS TELLS us not to?

In the simplest possible terms, please elucidate for us as to why YOU don't vote.

• sspo
    sspo

15Or, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of an organization whose objective is contrary to the Bible, and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4.) So if one who was a Christian chose to join those who are disapproved of God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he had disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Does this paragraph out of the watchtower also apply to the GB for joining the UN for 10 years

or is it just for their subjects?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit