Threats My Mother Made...

by Frannie Banannie 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

She also used to sing "Skeeters Am a'Hummin'" as the lullaby of choice to her four children. I don't think any of us gave one thought at all about it, but it's only later (as a white boy) that I began to wonder...

"Lay your kinky wooly head upon your mammy's breast

Sleep, Kentucky baaaabe."

Confession, it's amazing the things they came up with, eh? I like that "jerk a knot in your tail" too! LOL!

May the Bird of Paradise Fly up Your Nose - Little Jimmy Dickens

LOL, Nos! I didn't know they actually had a song about that! Thanks for posting it.

My mom used to say " I'll Smack the taste out of your mouth." My dad used to say "he'll beat me like I owed him money". After he would say that we would both breakdown in laughter.

Holey Moley, pratt1 ! Didn't ya wonder how that was gonna happen when yer Mom smacked the taste outta yer mouth? Sounds like your Dad had a good sense of humor, too, chere.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Confession, sorry I botched your saying in my reply, I read you post answered my phone and I my memory failed me.

It just goes to show, that as children, we start out with out malace or hateful thoughts about different people or their characteristics. Its only after we are poisioned by either our family, associates or the media, that we begin to associate hate with racial terms.

Most children view differences as interesting until some dumb adult tells them that they should hate, or shun , or ridulcle a difference.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

It just goes to show, that as children, we start out with out malace or hateful thoughts about different people or their characteristics. Its only after we are poisioned by either our family, associates or the media, that we begin to associate hate with racial terms.

Most children view differences as interesting until some dumb adult tells them that they should hate, or shun , or ridulcle a difference.

That is SO true, pratt1. My parents tried it on me, but it didn't "take," thank goodness. I thought their ideas about different races were mean and stupid even when I was a small child.

• free2think
    free2think
    6. I'd like to kill 'em and tell God they died of natural causes! (She was gonna get even with somebody.)

7. I'll yank yer tongue out by the roots and slap you with the bloody stump! (Don't talk back to me. - we didn't laugh at this one either)

8 I'll shove my foot up yer ass and pull you on like a boot! (We were so busy laughing at the visual image, we forgot what she was fussing about.)

These three were my favourites. ROFLMAO! Too funny

• greendawn
    greendawn

The Irish do have a great wry sense of humour. I always enjoy being with them because of this.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The Irish do have a great wry sense of humour. I always enjoy being with them because of this.

(((((Greendawn)))) Yes, they do, chere! My mother was incredibly funny to be around. Even on her "death bed" when she surprised me by being awake just hours before she passed, she smirked at me and said she was afraid she might miss something if she went to sleep. I miss her. And I just loved Steven, that wild Irishman in the movie, "Braveheart" about William Wallace! Steven was so funny!

• Confession
    Confession

Since escaping the Watchtower, one thing I've often said I appreciated about my upbringing as a JW was the absence of racial stereotyping. I know I've read threads here that demonstrate this was certainly not always the case. All I know is that I grew up with people of virtually every race other than my own: black, Hispanic, Middle-Eastern, etc, and my parents made sure to tell me "we're all the same." As I got older and started to hear racist comments, they made sure to condemn them.

Anyway, this has diverted Frannie's thread WAYYY off course. Let's see; what else did Mom used to say? How 'bout this...

"Why I oughtta bop you in the beezer." (She was just teasin' when she said this.)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

: My Mother was a short (5'2") red-headed, blue-eyed Irish woman.

Yikes!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Since escaping the Watchtower, one thing I've often said I appreciated about my upbringing as a JW was the absence of racial stereotyping. I know I've read threads here that demonstrate this was certainly not always the case. All I know is that I grew up with people of virtually every race other than my own: black, Hispanic, Middle-Eastern, etc, and my parents made sure to tell me "we're all the same." As I got older and started to hear racist comments, they made sure to condemn them.

Anyway, this has diverted Frannie's thread WAYYY off course. Let's see; what else did Mom used to say? How 'bout this...

"Why I oughtta bop you in the beezer." (She was just teasin' when she said this.)

Yes, confession, I appreciated that about the WTS, too. What's a "beezer?"

• Confession
    Confession

A beezer? Good question. Hmmm... "Bop you in the beezer" almost sounds sexual, doesn't it?

Anyway, I think it just meant a punch in the puss. (Whoops!) I meant a punch in the face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit