The fastest scripture looker upper

by SacrificialLoon 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The best one was where my wife elbowed me for not looking up a scripture. It was
    one of those difficult books to find. In front of her eyes, I popped open my bible to
    the exact page where the scripture was to be found- on the first try.
    I couldn't have done that if I tried again.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

hahaha..too funny. When the bs sisters were coming over to study, I would look up the scripture real fast and read it before they even got to the page.

lisa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    When the bs sisters were coming over to study......

Is that BIBLE STUDY or some other BS?

• dobbie
    dobbie

LOL on the way out!

• carla
    carla

Weren't you guys quizzed on the books of the Bible? In Sunday school we had to memorize the books in order, written test for 8th grade Confirmation.

BS- haha, you have no idea how long I was on this board until I realized you all meant bible study!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

aSphere - that little backwards trick used to drive me nuts too. bastards.

• undercover
    undercover
    I popped open my bible to
    the exact page where the scripture was to be found- on the first try.
    I couldn't have done that if I tried again.

Ya know...I remember trying to pick the exact part of the Bible where the scripture should be. After awhile I got pretty good at it. I started to marvel at how many times I could turn to the exact page I needed on so many of the scriptures, especially in the Greek Scriptures. But what it was, was that we only read so many scriptures but over and over and over and over. I think my Bible was "trained", if you will, to always open to the pages where the most popular scriptures were, which made it easier to pick out the page I wanted the next time we were told to look up John 3:16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit