These annoying hour requirements ....

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Once more I'm paying tribute to Pie-On-Airs. Here's something else out of the trusty Branch Organization Manual.

CHAPTER 17/ PAGE 117

Missionaries and special pioneers who take two weeks of vacation in one month are expected to report at least half the normal requirement of hours of field service. If one is eligible for additional days of vacation time, then when such days are used, whether in connection with the two weeks' vacation or otherwise, he will be allowed to deduct five hours of field service from his total field service time for the month for each vacation day used and still receive his reimbursement. Of course, missionaries and special pioneers who are eligible for four weeks of vacation* and who take all of this time in one month will want toreport some field service time so as to continue regular in field service. For a month when one takes some vacation time he should mention the dates of his vacation and the number of days used on the monthly report form under "remarks concerning report" or at the bottom of the form.

*this tidy amount of vacation days comes only after some 12 years of full-time service

From time to time there may besomepersonal matters that those who are special pioneers or missionaries may wish to attend to other than when they are on their vacation. In such a case they may leave their assignment for one or two days without taking vacation time. Of course, they would still need to meet the normal hour reqirement. If more than two consecutive days are involved, then vacation time would need to be used. It is not the intention to add such days to regular vacation time, but they may be taken at times other than when one is on vacation.

Take note of the loaded language .... "may wish to" as opposed to "would need to"

CHAPTER 117/ PAGE 118

65. SHARING VACATION TIME:

Married persons may not have been in the service the same length of time. For example, one special pioneer or missionary may have more vacation time due than his mate. So a married person is permitted to share his vacation time with his mate if he wishes to do so. Thus, if the man has three weeks' vacation due to him and his wife only two weeks, he may give his wife half of the third week and notification of this would be made to the branch. Additional days allowed under the vacation arrangement also may be shared in this way.

Whooopeeee! A whole three and a half days! How generous of the society. Couldn't they just allow the wife the extra without her husband giving up anything? Oops ...sorry, my bad ... that's an entire three and a half days worth of hours less to report.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Couldn't they just allow the wife the extra without her husband giving up anything? Oops ...sorry, my
    bad ... that's an entire three and a half days worth of hours less to report.

It's a volunteer assignment with virtually no pay. I could agree with you, saying
    as long as the drones do the bidding of the collective, what's the difference if they
    take a few extra days here and there?

But, since they volunteered to be drones, serving full time, I am happy that the
    Borg enforces such extreme rules on the missionaries. They might quit sooner
    because their boss wouldn't give them a day off unless they made up for it.

Can you "go in the hole" on vacation if your mother dies, or you go in the hospital?
    I guess you could recruit preach at the funeral or to the nurses.

• Cindi_67
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Let's see if I got this right...

Jesus is so stupid He doesn't know how much I do for Him unless I turn in a monthly report to a group of men who use it to gauge my spirituality because Jesus is so stupid He doesn't know how much I do for Him so that He can gauge my spirituality.

No wonder the Watchtower's Jesus who is/was Michael an angel never made sense to me.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This is absolutely nuts. I wonder what other religions ask of their missionaries?

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

How do we know if these missionaries or special pioneers are faking their hour requirement? They'll still get their monthly stipend.

Of course, some are more liberal in calculating their hours and will round it off to the next 10th.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Does the Encyclopedia Pharisaica say anything about how many breaths a missionary is allowed to take very minute?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello FFM.

Here's an "oldie but goodie": Remember when the circuit assemblies included a hand-out sheet (Friday night), with congregation-by-congregation performance statistics? The CO would, of course, follow the Revelation outline and praise those congregations that had done well, and make "suggestions" for those that had...done less well.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I understand many non-Witness missionary's work is proven in products rather than measured by effort. The Jehovah's Witness at the door is the sower and the printed literature is the seed and that's their purpose. There's no real motivation to score the crop when the money is in the distribution of the seed.

The reports reflect the goals. See, they can't report on hospitals built, or schools started, or homes erected because they don't have that as a goal. The goal is literature distribution, Kingdom Halls built, and conventions attended, and their reports reflect that.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

15 minutes a day keeps Jehover away!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit