No wonder Simon joined us !!!!

by kid-A 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

Canada is great, the best part of North America ... We're loving it!

http://www.coolcanuckaward.ca/joe_canadian.htm

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
    I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
    and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
    although I'm certain they're really really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
    I speak English and French, not American.
    And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
    I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
    diversity, not assimilation,
    and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
    A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
    and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!

Canada is the second largest landmass!
    The first nation of hockey!
    and the best part of North America

My name is Joe!!
    And I am Canadian!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Canada and Australia are both highly desirable places to live. The disadvantage with Canada is COLD. The disadvantage with Australia is ther are more things that will kill you (snakes, spiders etc) than most places.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Deleted by poster

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Tetra,

they say that west van gets some of the cleanest air in canada.

i consider Wreck Beach a second home. i mean, any place where you can be close to nature (temperate rainforest), close to like-minded people, walk around naked in the sun smoking doobies is gonna be a sweet spot for me. plus, the vancouver museum of anthropology is 500 m away.

IMHO Vancouver was its best in the early 70's. God's own city, beautiful beyond dreams, vibrant and exciting yet still accessible. All its once defined areas, Kitsilano, the West End, Kerrisdale, Commercial St. etc. etc. have all merged into one big city now. It still is a wonderful place to visit, but not as endearing to live in imho, as it once was. Many of its leafy avenues have been attacked by newly arrived Oriental's who have suspicions about trees and ancestors and build houses to within a foot of either side of the plots taking out 100ft pine trees to do this. People have to get permission before they level trees these days, but it is a little late for many streets. The new houses look like miniature banks and the West Coast style homes look rather sad between them, and many of the residents of Vancouver object to the new 'Hongcouver' look. The Italian quarter, which used to have a thriving community, and where one could pick up the freshest of pasta and eat fettucini like Nonna used to make, any day of the week, has all but disappeared. Chinatown is still as it was, in fact much larger now. HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit