No wonder Simon joined us !!!!

by kid-A 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

But what has Canada really done for the world other than be "Not America"?

• onacruse
    onacruse

What really makes Canada such a wonderful place is its close proximity to the United States.

• Zico
    Zico
    Zico you are so funny!

I was being serious. I've been to some beautiful places in my life, then there's the Telstra tower: alt Canada is one of the best places I've ever been.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LMAO at Coldredrain - top comment!

I have very particular memories of your houses of parliament building....

Just for you Crumpet...

thanks Kid-a: although I didnt say they were fond memories LOL!

Jgnat - your relative did a very good job and I can personally attest to the strength and durability to the structure!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just because we're quietly working in the world scene doesn't mean we've done nothing.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canada-magazine/issue06/6t8-en.asp

Who can forget Australia? I'm especially grateful for their cultural exports such as Kath and Kim, Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I think you just answered your own Question

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I think you just answered your own Question

• blondie
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

KidA..Cool pic..How did you get in my yard?..LOL!!..Did Simon move to Canada?..He was talking about it...OUTLAW

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Canada have no need to boast of their accomplishments - the very fact that Canadians are loved around the world speaks or itself.....but I thought I'd put a few refresher items here regardless -

In World War 1 Canada lost many of her people in the fight for peace. Out of 5,000 gassed in the Battle of Ypres, most were Canadians, yet they fought on until they took Paschendale. In 1917, the only military victory was the capture of Vimy Ridge by the Canadians creating a major military advantage and a lasting impact on the war. The last soldier killed in this war was a Canadian - he was shot by a German sniper and died at 10:58 - at 11:00 am on November 11, 1918, a ceasefire took effect. (The USA did not become involved in the war until 1918) John McCrae, a Canadian wrote In Flanders Field - for all those who perished.................so I would say that Canada sacrificed much during this period - economically, socially, physically for a start.

In WW2, Canada sent 1,000,000 of her people to war - 100,000 died and were wounded - again there was major sacrifice from the Canadian people in every way. Americans lost 300,000; Britain lost 600,000 and the Russians lost about 15 million.

Canada is a major operation in peacekeeping around the world, committing more troops than any other country. They have the 2nd highest number of deaths for peacekeeping units around the world - India is 1st.

Canadian surgeon Bethune gave us the mobile blood bank unit, as well as improving many surgical instruments including the Bethune Rib Shears which are still used today.

Canadians Dr Banting and Best discovered insulin. Pablum and pediatric research came from Canada. Dr Bigelow of Canada was the first to use hypothermia and created the first pacemaker.

sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit