Was this like Armageddon over Sydney yesterday?

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest social current

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Been off-air mopping up since last night. The mother of all storms hit us and quite suddenly - one minute it was hot (as usual lately), the next all went dark and the most violent of thunderstorms hit us.

In a time of drought this was some reversal! Mrs ozzie and I had a torrent of water running through our patio leaving thick mud in its wake.

Today it's returned to hot and humid and we've been spending time mopping up the mud.

This is what it looked like:

http://i17.tinypic.com/2ikvb4x.jpg

http://i18.tinypic.com/4cady80.jpg

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i saw Hay Zus on a white horse in those pictures. I think this is it!

• Schism
    Schism

Those are some gorgeous pictures! You took those?

What a beautiful city! Man, I was expecting to see a mud-covered porch, not a postcard!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What a beautiful city!

Yep, we think know so too!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ozzie sorry for the mess you've had to deal with! I too well remember the odd and rare desert storms which would rain down and leave a mess to contend with. Here in the Northwest it's just rain, rain, and more rain......at least I know what a mud room is for now. LOL

Beautiful pictuers! What a beautiful city to live in. Glad you and Mrs.O are no worse for the wear.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Wow, scary and beautiful at the same time!!! Thanks for sharing and hope you guys are o.k.!

Swalker

• bernadette
    bernadette

WOW Awesome pics.

Glad you're both okay.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Oz,

Whilst it looks beautiful and very dramatic I’m sorry for you both if it has caused you problems?

We have had a lot of rain of late, and living in an old water mill there is a lot of water coming down the brook, nothing quite the same as yourselves.

I don’t think Armageddon has arrived yet (I watch the news every night, Therese been no mention of it)

One consolation is the rainbow covenant is still in force!!!

Best wishes to you and family

KT & twink.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Ozzie, I had no idea you lived in Runcorn!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If that was like Armageddon, bring it on. I loved the storm and we really needed the water. Those were beautiful pictures, sometimes I forget to stop and enjoy how beautiful Sydney is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit