20 Weeks Smoke Free

by Yizuman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

9 Months smoke free! (funny enough I once said that the only thing that would keep me from smoking .. would also last 9 months... )

Congrats on your 20 week-anniversary!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been off of the butts for 1 year and 1 month now. Neither me, my home, or my vehicle stink any more. I feel healthier, and the cash flow has really improved. Smoking was costing me $65 every week.

W

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My husband started using Chantix at the first of January and is to this day smoke free. He says its a magic pill. I am so enjoying being able to kiss him - like really make out with him and breath while kissing him.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

OH.. and congrats Yiz- Keep it up!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Congrats, its been 6 years for me, you can do this!

Sherry

• Margie
    Margie

Congratulations. I just counted and I quit smoking 20 weeks ago, too, so yay us!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    I like whyquit.com

Truly the fountain of truth. Almost like a JWD for the smoker and his/her family, it gives a lot of insight into the junkie mindset of the nicotine addict. There is not one smoker who "likes smoking" as we so often repeated; there are only junkies self-medicating.

Now you're going to have to start exercising more because food is going to start tasting a WHHOLE lot better now that your senses are starting to function normally!

I'm sooo proud that you have broken free from such an insiduous trap. Too bad our politicians don't have the stones to declare the tobacco industry a national health hazard (is there any doubt) and shut them down.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks guys and congrats to all the quitters on this thread as well.

What really helps is memorizing some of the nasty ingredients that tobacco companies put into them cigarettes......

• Formaldehyde (that's embalming fluid)
    • Dog Urine
    • Ammonia

Just a few of what's so gross about cigarettes, as long as I remember it, I will always be too grossed out to light up.

Yiz
  • juni
    juni

I'm proud of you Yiz and all of the rest of you quitters. You are not losers, but winners!!

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I am proud of you quitters! Keep up the good work,

AJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit