What could they be wanting now?

by Schism 24 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

No offense..but your Husband sounds a complete Wimp if what you say is true!He,s worked a 24 hour shift and wont defend himself and just tell your dad to piss off and leave him alone???

Sorry,but with you and your Husbands attitude ,you are both inviting this crap from your Parents.

Grow a pair of gahunas both of you.You do what the hell you like.Possibly ,you need to grow up too.

Sorry for sounding harsh,but you did ask for opinions.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((Schism & Hubby)))) It's a real easy decision that takes away all that stress. Hubby can either call and cancel or just not go.

NO WAY should Hubby put up with this. He's not a match for the WTS Matrix.

Frannie

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

What would I do?

I'd make it very uncomfortable for him.

Call up your dad and say that knowing your husband, he will be very tired after his shift. Suggest instead that he come over for supper on the weekend. If he balks and says that he wanted to meet with your husband alone, you have every right to ask what it's about.

If he's evasive about the subject of the discussion, you could have alot of fun with that. Try to guess reasons why two normal men would want to have a meeting together.

"Are you trying to sell him something?"
    "Are you okay dad? Is it your prostrate?"
    "Do you need money?"
    "You didn't have an affair did you?"

Then you can say something like "Well it can't be very important then, come over for supper this weekend and I'll leave you two alone to talk about your -man issues-"

Hell, if he wants to run mind games on your husband, the least you can do is return the favor. If he's still beligerant you can feign anger and cancel the meeting yourself "You're trying to get him to leave me aren't you! Well you can forget about any secret meetings, I love my husband!" -click-

*grin*

• Schism
    Schism

Fleaman, though I do agree with you that we will have to get tough on them, I disagree that my husband is a wimp (note in one of my posts, my husband actually has demanded respect from his managers and supervisors, as well as drunk patients). My husband has quite a temper when it comes to dealing with strangers and workmates, and is highly respected on the job. When it comes to family, it is difficult to be a hard-ass. I did ask for opinions though, so I respect yours.

YES, he is being a pushover when it comes to my father. If you knew my dad, you'd probably be the same. No one stands up to him because everyone is afraid of him. He is too used to getting his way with people and I am about to be the one with the guts to call their house and tell them NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

"No" is a word they never hear. They lived their lives as attractive, well-off people with great connections. At one time, they barely made the meetings and would laugh at elders (of course, this particular detail has changed since then). This is going against their grain.

Ok, so everyone here has placed their votes? It is unanimous, I need to handle this one?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Wait, wait, wait!! I want to say something!

Your father is a bully. Your husband is able to put his professional life into perspective and deal with confrontation pragmatically. But its his father in laws' daughter he's emotionally involved with so....there's a whole other dynamic going on.

In my experience, in order for your fathers personality to UNDERSTAND 'jam it up your arse (ass)' i have had a lot of success with being annoyingly passive. Don't turn up, be vague, don't reply to questions and laugh inappropriately.

Failing that, 'phone the elders and tell them to get him off your back.

Good luck!
    Pete

• Schism
    Schism

LOL @ BigMouth! Yes, you are very right.....all of what you said. And I LOVE the idea of laughing inappropriately! I'm good at that!

I'm just going to email my mom and say the meeting is cancelled. There's no reason on this earth for them to involve my husband.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i would call my dad 1000x 's a day and ream the living shit out of him and the wt. i've done it before and will do it again. if your not afraid of your dad.? them start the reamage. piss mom off too. non stop for weeks they will get the message. stop at dad's house and curse the wt till he throws you out. scream yell and curse. then go back the next day and do the same. every time he calls your spouse , go to dad's house , call him 100x's and curse the shit out of him. then call bethel and complain, your being harrassed. and your going to call the police . make his life hell for upseting you. that sounds like the only thing your dad will understand. i know the type trust me. i would drive him crazy. to the point he will leave you alone. if you need help just pm me. john

• mia_b
    mia_b

Wow! did u really do that johnny!

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Old ignorant uneducated men with the power of God in their hands is never a good thing for humanity and never will be.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

mia_b ; yes i have done that many times. jw's are scared shit of me. i'm a toranado. jw's never get in a word edge wise with me. i blow them straight out of the water. i put them on their heals before they knows what hit them. and i don't stop. if my family that are jw's screw with me or my family . i make them sorry they even said the word jehovah. they brought ever elder p.o. c.o. bethelite they could fine to talk to me. none of them lasted more than a hour at best and none of them ever came back. i take no shit from jw's. and i have the knowledge and balls to make them look like dopes. it's like taking candy from a baby. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit