Crisis here and there No more visits for a while

by hambeak 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

So, they tried to rip you off and threatened to get violent when you set a boundary. Why are you consider going back over there in a few weeks time?

Cog

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Sorry to hear about your problems Hambeak, there are givers and takers in the world, one must figure our which one stands in front of you, but notice Prov 29:21 from different translations, I am sure it will hit the nail on the head, it use to be isolated cases, with the generation that confronts us now, it is getting to be the norm as abnormal as it is.

NLT A servant pampered from childhood
    will become a rebel.

NIL If a man pampers his servant from youth,
    he will bring grief [ a ] in the end.

NWT If one is pampering one’s servant from youth on, in his later life he will even become a thankless one.

NIRV If you spoil your servant while he is young,
    he will bring you sorrow later on

KJV If you spoil your servant while he is young,
    he will bring you sorrow later on

HOLMAN A slave pampered from his youth
    will become arrogant [ a ] later on.

Well intentions later come back to bite us, I have seen it with my own kids, the more you do, the more is expected and they dont appreciate it in the end and one who continually does for their kids has the potential of them always thinking that you should provide for them until you take your final breath.

abr

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Selfish??? NOT AT ALL!!!!

You have to know when to say when, we all come to our enough point in our own time, and this includes every aspect of our lives.

Good luck, don't forget you have us here if you need to vent , cry , or whatever

nj

• Scully
    Scully

Why don't you just get a Restraining Order against these idiots? That way they can't come around you, and if they want to see Jake, he has to go see them?

You don't need this crap, hambeak!

• juni
    juni

Hi Hambeak,

Is that loser still mooching off his parents?? Well, I guess they took him in right?

My opinion? It's Jake's parents. It's HIS responsibility to take care of his elderly parents not you. I remember from the past that Jake tends to leave that in your lap. That's not right. It's time he steps up to the plate not expecting you to hold his hand and be there with him at his parents' house.

You deal w/your own family problems; why can't he? You can always share ideas and support each other when you need it, but the physical job is his to own.

Hugs,

Juni

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am just going my way and to hell with all of them Is that selfish or what?

You can do things for people a thousand times, but if you look after yourself only once they'll call you "selfish".

Always look out for yourself first, no one else will. You are number one.

W

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Is it me or has the Foo Bird not only shit on your parade but has camped out over your house???

You poor kid!! Geeeez...enough is enough! Save thyself.

• quixote
    quixote

((Hambeak)), Sorry to hear about your problems. I don't thing you're being selfish.

Remember the old saying, a true friend is there when you need them, not when they need you.

Q

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not selfish, you only have to help up to a certain point also depending on what the person receiving help does to help you. There has to be a balance between give and take.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey thanks for the words of encouragement I really do appreciate it.

Since I have absolutely decided not to deal with the dysfunctionalism or go over ther nor will I ever cook a big gourmet meal for them anymore I feel like I have had a millstone taken off my back.

Jake agrees with me too.

Now help me convince Jake to help clean the house LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit