Crisis here and there No more visits for a while

by hambeak 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

Cooking dinner for the folks and the oven caught fire

John is an ass as his fuel pump went out and wants us to fix it.

Told him to go to the dealer. John threatened to hit Jake and it was awful. We just left and I will not be over to his folks house for a few weeks. His folks have enabled him by buying everything for him and bailing him out of every problem he has ever been in. Jail, DUI. etc I can't deal with the crazy crap anymore.

I am out of the whole thing. No more crazy problems from crazy people.

I am just going my way and to hell with all of them Is that selfish or what?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

(((hambeak))) sorry! Hope you get it all figured out and your life back on an even keel soon. We'll miss hearing from you in the meantime.

Sherry

• penny2
    penny2
    Is that selfish or what?

No, sometimes you just have to say, "Enough is enough!" And walk away.

penny2

• hambeak
    hambeak

I am not leaveing here just my other halfs crazy dysfunctional family.

I am a peaceful person and don't like people that are bigoted and swear every other word. Nor do I like people that are alcoholics and jail birds.

Just me so here I am

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HamBeak..What is it with you gay dudes and all the drama??..LOL!!..It happens to us all Hammy..Straight,gay,it just don`t matter..If you got crazy people in your life,have as little to do with them as possible..I mean it!..Take a stand or have your life trampled on..On a daily basis..Those are your choices..Make the right choice Hammy and have a peacefull life...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I am just going my way and to hell with all of them Is that selfish or what?

No. What may have been happening, is that you maybe were allowing too much and giving too much. Not sure. But, if you were sort of bending over backwards too much, the people you were doing that for may have a strong dissappointment reaction when you stop. Do you go back to the old way, or do you stay detached? Freedom is a wonderful feeling.

S

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There is a huge vast difference between being selfish and being self-caring.

Sounds like it is time to take care of your self and let the others deal with the crap on their own

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We are there with you, my friend. No one needs to accept that kind of nonsense. Life is too short. Enjoy it!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

What were you doing cooking for them??? Today was your day to relax and enjoy yourself.

I really hate to see people taking advantage of a nice guy like you. My son is one of those people that gets taken advantage of because he is just too kind hearted and wants to help everyone.

There are training seminars that teach you how to say "NO". I took one several years ago and it helped me.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Is that selfish or what?

The people you have been catering to are the ones being selfish.

What you are considering for yourself is called 'self-preservation'.

{{{{{hammy}}}}}

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit