Qaulifying for life in the new world

by skeptic1914 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

We will never qualify for life, as sinners we qualify and deserve death, no it doesn't sound good but then again knowing someone (Jesus) else qualifies us only through his blood isn't bad either. It is a gift, you don't buy a gift because someone qualifies, you do it becasue you love them, it is the same with our God.

abr

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

abr

My point was, you need only be a sinner to qualify for the gift. The gift is not for the righteous.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Good point DD, as Jesus said in Matt 9:13

NLT 13 Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

The witnesses have really missed the mark again on this thought, always trying to prove they are worthy.

abr

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    As a Christian, I need to be a sinner to qualify

Why shrink the Divine into something so small and narrow that there needs to be any qualifications at all? Why this need to make ourselves one of God's own, and others not?

Certainly an endlessly wondrous universe give witness to a Source infinitely greater still, and not less; always more and never less. Why choose less? Why shrivel, shrink and belittle? Because an old book tells us so? Because we have eyes and can not see? Why? I wonder. Why accept anything which diminishes the Divine in anyway? Who are we to do that?

What fools we all are.

j

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Qualifying for life in the new world

You're already qualified to live in the new world. You're in it now

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”

thank you abr,

this is one of my favourite scriptures

I forgot where it was taken from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit