Qaulifying for life in the new world

by skeptic1914 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Attended CO public talk today, "Will You Qualify for Life in God's New World?. The essence in this quote: "It is ESSENTIAL that we cooperate with the FDS, that we conform to Bible standards and that we ourselves share in preaching the good news of the Kingdom." NOT ONCE was faith in Jesus Christ mentioned. Contrast this with Gal.2:21,

"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law [or ANY set of rules and regulations], Christ died for nothing."

Or Gal.3:11,12,

"Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." The law [or for that matter qualifying for life in God's "new world" according to the JW] is not based on faith; on the contrary, "the man who DOES these things will live by means of them."

Skeptic1914

• cultswatter
    cultswatter
    "It is ESSENTIAL that we cooperate with the FDS,

What about the CCJW ??

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

It is ESSENTIAL that we cooperate with the FDS, that we conform to Bible standards

Would that be the "bible" that the fds wrote?

• 5go
    5go

I would say it is the bible the FDS wrote and only that one. Not the others the WBTS have but only the NWT.

• blondie
    blondie
    Would that be the "bible" that the fds wrote?

That would be the WTS Talmud of written and unwritten rules with their interpretation of what the "bible" says.

*** w87 7/15 p. 19 Prayers Require Works ***

Because Jehovah God does not give his holy spirit apart from his Word, and we cannot hope to receive holy spirit if we ignore the earthly channel Jehovah is using today, "the faithful and discreet slave," represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Without help from this "slave," we would neither be able to understand the full import of what we read nor know how to apply what we learn.—Matthew 24:45-47.

*** w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 4 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

But Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones, to help Christians in all nations to understand and apply properly the Bible in their lives. Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.—Compare Acts 8:30-40.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I have a stupid question. How does one qualify for a gift? A gift that's already been paid for and presented to the intended recipient.

I'm not sure where I stand on the Bible right now but if I take the Christian Scriptures at face value isn't that how they present salvation. As a gift that no human could possibly qualify for. What a bunch of blasphemous jokers those guys in New York!

• Satanus
    Satanus

This idea of needing the qualify, that god/jesus will kill those who are unqualified sure brings back memories. Thanks for putting this topic here.

S

• zack
    zack

Thanks for the topic. God and Jesus are more like bankers, you see, and to qualify for their LOAN on LIFE you need good credit, at least a FICO of 720, because God and Jesus aren't big on risks, no sir, they are very savvy and conservative investors, so when it comes to life, they want to make sure their investment is protected. Only those with the best credit score qualify for that Loan on Life. Oh yes, it's just a loan, because the moment your score falls below the limit, they will both call your loan in and it will be due and payable.

Rutherford was right about this: RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This sums up what the org. means when they mention qualifying for life in the new world:

If you're already doing alot just do a little more and maybe just maybe you'll get everlasting life. Oh wait a second there's gonna be another test in about a thousand years. If you screw up after that- VAPORIZED. Are you tired, anxious, nerves frazzled? Great! Now you depend on us to make you feel better. "How?" you ask. Why with another special campaign/convention/assembly/memorial/CO visit to give your life purpose, silly publisher.

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

How many of you, after realizing that the GB was basically the wizard of Oz, still went to meetings kind of secretly hoping you would hear something that would let you believe the fairy tale? That somehow it really was the truth. I'm past that now, in large part due to talks like the one given by the CO yesterday (a representative of the GB remember). The very premise of the talk, "Qualifying for Life.." cannot be reconciled with Scripture....

How does one qualify for a gift? A gift that's already been paid for and presented to the intended recipient.

Skeptic1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit