Life After Bethel Part 2

by new boy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The need is great in Hays Kansas... LOL, what a dump!

• new boy
    new boy

Hays Kansas........My Great Great grand father has a letter in the museum there. It is one of the 4 letters sent to the states telling of the surrender of the south in the civil war. He was general Mogg. On my mothe's side that is.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Keith.

Kate told me about this thread last night. As you and I have discussed, I have an aversion to reading, or posting back, to threads of this nature. They are necessary, but very painful.

What you've said (with names edited) is true: a sad dimension of human existence.

Bethel ripped out a big part of my soul, and what happened with Judy and Jay ripped out another big part, and her recent death yet another, and Jay's virtually walking over her still-warm body...

I'm running out of pieces of my soul.

As a personal aside: When I for the very first time met Jay, we were riding in the back of a pickup truck, on the way to set up one of the "old" Friday night circuit assemblies. Now, I've never been much good at "reading" people, but I distinctly remember the feeling I had then: don't trust this person. However, I did trust him, primarily because he was a Brother, and that was what my religion, and my personality, demanded of me: ACCEPTANCE. In the same way I TRUSTED the WTS.

So, as my final comment to this thread, I would ask each and every reader to simply stop and listen to your heart. I've never been very good at that, and I've paid a very dear price.

Craig

• zev
    zev

you were not the only one to have a runnin with johnny boy brayton.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I don't know how I missed this thread. But I like the way you put a positive spin on your ex's news. I always try to find something to be greatful for in every situation. It's takes out some of the pain.

Thank you for sharing your stories and life with us.

I enjoyed Craig's stories too, and hopefully, someday, he will be able to continue.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit