Life After Bethel Part 2

by new boy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• new boy
    new boy

As I mention before I was going to move to Califorina when I left Bethel, to get way from Debbie's parents. So I thought the best thing to do was to go to the Service Department and ask them were they "Needed Help" in the Bay area of Northern Califorina.........This shows you how totally delusional I really was at the time.........I thought I could still "Help" others, by moving to area that needed help.......Yea right!........ Just what a conergation needed another "Burned out" exbethelite. So I went to Merton Cambell In the Service Depatment for his recommendation..........He said......"Well they don't really need people in that area.....but were we could really USE you is in Kansas.......Hays, Kansas!......Many say that life is one big circle....I pioneered in Salina Kansas before I went to Bethel, which is about 70 miles from Hays. It was way to soon to make that circle back to Kansas. Then I remembered what What Doctor Zhivago said "Happy men never really volunteer for extra duty".......

Menton Cambell was a nice guy (one of the heavies in the Service Department) and he saved our asses with the "poker table incident." We were board so we started playing cards on Saturday afternoons. So we bought this poker table and put a bed spread over it. So one Saturday we invited a couple of guys over to pay poker. We are talking a real penny ante game. We invited Ron Telason over to pay. So after a couple of hours of paying, he gets up to leave, We count up his chips and tell him he owes us $1.34........He said "Are you guys kidding?"...."No" we said......."We were paying for real money".......He said "We can't play for money"......."We can't?" we said......."No.....GOD hates gambling, of any kind!"....He said......I looked over at Jack and said "O.K. lets forget the whole thing. we'll never do it again......and keep your $1.38 too"............He said "No way......You guys need to turn yourselfs in to the brothers............and if you don't.......I will!"

Ah! The brothers always looking out for God and the organization.........It reminded me of the "secret police" in Nazis Germany......We must keep the "Zee" Organzation clean of the penny ante poker players. So you guess it, we turn ourselfs in......The Key to turning yourself in, is......You can choose WHO you go to confess your sins to. Usually the choices fall somewhere in between........Self righteous, tight ass and someone who might believe in a little bit of mercy.......We choose the latter Brother Cambell. He thought it was kind of humorous and told us NEVER do it again........and yes we needed to get rid of the poker table too.........We sold it to Dave Borga the G-Job king. Next week Ron asked us "Did we turn ourselfs in?"............."Yes Sir!"

So anyway, we didn't move to Califorina........We moved to Narragansett, Rhode Island. Southern R.I with all the swamp Yankees. It was about 10 miles away from Newport. There was a toll bridge in Jamestown for 2 bucks......I thought that would help keep her parents away. Funny thing is, after we got married her mother never gave us any flack..........It seemed her big fear was of Debbie getting pregnant out of wedlock the whole time.

We were in the Wakefield congergation.........cold as ice. The Swamp Yankees would laugh and say if you move here "NOT your children but their children......will be thought of as TRUE New Englanders"...Little did I know that was really true....This one brother move in there, in 1947 from Alabama after WWII they never did warm up to him after 30 years. It was one of those Kingdom Halls were three families ran the whole show. It was the Conns, Burgesses and the Braytons (one of the oldest JW families in R.I) I never cared much for John Brayton the youngest of the boys. I thought he was a Jerk with small man syndrome. We had a run in at Bethel.

It was August of 1972, John and his gang came down to bethel. His on again, off again girl friend Linda Antonelli, was trying to make him jealous by throwing herself at a friend of mine Dave.There was a big party in our room, I told Linda and her cousin Patty I wanted to talk to them about the games she was playing. So we went to "The Towers" library and talked for about 45 minutes. When we got back to the room, John had left to go back to R.I, leaving the girls high and dry, they had a car but but no money, it was dark and there was no way they could have found their way out of Brooklyn on their own.There was no money for a hotel. So we kicked everyone out of our room and told the girls they could spend the night there. As I was leaving the room I noticed a some guy sticking his head around the corner. So I went back to the room and told the girls to lock the door and open it to NO one. Jack and I spent the night in Pipkorns room on the third floor.........next morning they were gone.

Two months later, Jack and I get this letter from Linda. In it it says, her conscious was been bothering her and Patty, about being in the in our room that night after everyone left. They knew it was against Bethel policy for girls to be in a Bethelites room all night. Yhey had sent one letter to us and another one to Bethel ...........So next thing we knew, we were in George Couch's (Home Servant) office. As we were sitting there, sweating bullets..................George says "So Brothers just what do you think those two sisters were DOING all night in your room with those two Brothers.........anyway?..........."WHAT?" we said together........"What do you thing they were doing?"..........."What?".........We found out two bethelites went back to our room after we left. It looks like...... we all got screwed.......that night but we never got a kiss, ......They could have kicked us both out for that but for some reason they didn't.

Well my friends, it is March 4, 2007 at 11:11 in the morning...........I just got a call from my son and daughter.........It seems their mother, my exwife Debbie of 27 years just got engaged to Jay XXXXXX from Oregon...I wish her and her soon to be JW husband the best...Wow!.... isn't life strange?

New Boy again...........what do you think onacruse?

• confusa
    confusa

Personal question: Do you feel just a little bit jealous? Do you know this Miller guy?

• free2think
    free2think

Bethel and their rules huh, not a lot has changed there then. Thanks for sharing New Boy.

• grey matters
    grey matters
    I just got a call from my son and daughter.........It seems their mother, my exwife Debbie of 27 years just got engaged to Jay XXXXXX from Oregon

Oooh, that sounds like a tough one, Newboy. I don't really have anything in my personal experience that is similar, so I don't really have any idea how I would react. I hope you are doing ok.

But to me, you will always be "Rocket Man"! Sensing the futility of a situation, but keeping a good sense of humor, and doing the best you can under the circumstances.

• bernadette
    bernadette

thanks bruv

• new boy
    new boy

Yes.....I know Jay XXXXXX I have known them for about 20 years. I was his Brother Tom XXXXXXXs Real Estate agent for 5 years, until he screwed me over in a business deal. His nephew Brad was my son best friend until my son Kaisan DAed himself 5 years ago. Jay XXXXXX wife Judy, died 6 months ago. Judy XXXXXXX was "onacruise" wife for many years..........It is a very small world indeed.

I really wish them the best........I have made peace with my pass life.........I want Debbie to be happy!

P.S. It could be the end of my $1,800 a month alimony!.......Thank God.

• free2think
    free2think
    P.S. It could be the end of my $1,800 a month alimony!.......Thank God.

LMAO. That's a good way of looking at it.

• new boy
    new boy

You can either bless everything that comes to you or can curse it........I choose to bless it all my friends!...........if we don't we are like them.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Great stories. Thanks for sharing!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have really been enjoying your accounts of your life at Bethel and beyond. I appreciate your attitude. Very positive. I think I'm gonna like you! :) Ok, I already do. Have a great week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit