My life after Bethel

by new boy 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy

VM44.............You didn't know......but many of my kids post here on this site......right KIDS?

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hey Dad, looking forward to this sequel to "My Life at Bethel".

PS bills are piling up, please send money

• Anitar
    Anitar

NewBoy, that part about you showing your wife off to the rest of the guys at Bethel was really disturbing. I don't mean you personally, but just who do those people think they are? They actually let the "elders" tell them how to run their personal lives? That is so sick on so many levels. In a totalitarian atmosphere like that, you end up treating eachother, especially women, like animals or property. No wonder you hated it.

Anitar

• new boy
    new boy

I agree with you ANITAR.............It is a male Dominated Organization..........and no matter what they say, they don't really believe that men and women are equal.......Most Churches want to dominate people but especialy women.

Remember this is who I was 33 years ago.............and everyone can change my friend. If you were to have your life judged which time period.......would YOU pick?.........then or now?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Looking forward to reading more about your life after bethel....

• mann377
    mann377

Hey New Boy: Enjoyed your experience! I can certianly relate to it. When I left no one would talk to me. These are people that I had worked with for years. The last week at the table was spooky, as no one would say anything. Unbeknownest to me this was the start of my deprograming. I also did not want any responsibility in the congo. One of the suprising things that I observed about myself was long peroids of depression after leaving. I'm still not sure why. (could be my Olathe experience) The freedom that I experienced was intoxicating!

• 5go
    5go
    I got some kind of sick pleasure from taking her on a tour of the factory, so I could show off my new bride to all my "Horny" friends.......Who still needed to "make there time"......Kind of a "Hay......Guys, look what I got!....You can get one too.........someday if your lucky!"

Being the victim of this so much all I have to say HA HA For them !

I'ld rather have the Beemer that I am getting in a couple of months. That I am getting with all the money I saved from not getting married at all.

And I feel sorry for you and them for the hell that is bethel I am glad I smelled a rat and didn't go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit