SUMMER 2007: WT RESEARCH

by pixel 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Hello there,

I'm planning this summer to go to Bethel and read with my owns eyes all those stupid quotes that the WT had published since its creation. I just wanna do that for fun and I may find some new eye-opening info. My question is as follows:

Do you think that I can go to Bethel, mainly to their library, and picked any old book? Do I have to sign or something to enter to the library? Is there any photocopy machine to use?

Those questions are mainly for people like bethelites (or ex) that know about Bethel.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

As far as I know, you'll not be granted permission to use the library. That is a privilege reserved for members of the shrinking Bethel family. Keep in mind that there are several libraries as well.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I hear the UN has a better one, but you'll have to double-check with the GB about that one.

Kwin

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Kwintestal,

NO YOU DINT GO DER!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

pixel...Go instead to the Library of Congress in Washington D.C. You could look up tons of old publications, even the Golden Age.

• Flash
    Flash

http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/admin-site-map.htm

It might save you the trip to Bethel.

• onacruse
    onacruse

You will not be allowed into any of the Bethel libraries, unless you have a particularly prominent guide...and even then, there is no way you'd be allowed to photocopy any of the books.

However, as Leolaia and Flash point out, there are other sources for virtually all such material. Another very comprehensive source is Research Applications Institute (see also Randy Watter's site www.freeminds.org)

Craig (ex-Bethelite)

• onacruse
    onacruse

I should add, as an anecdotal point, that a friend of mine who was at Bethel saw stashes of old WTS literature which were not available on any of the open stacks of the Bethel libraries (when I was there, there were only 2 libraries: the 8th floor of the 124 building [mainly for the research department], and the 3rd floor of the 117 building [mainly for the Gilead department]).

If there is something in particular you are researching, I'd be glad to help if I can. I've developed (and am refining) a 250 mb collated database of the vast majority of WTS publications thru 1949.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

There is NO access to bethel libraries. Only Bethelites are allowed. As others have said the Web or the Library of Congress, or even the WT Library CD are better choices.

tsof

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Question:

Why are bethel libraries offlimits?

Are they afraid some people are gonna ''steal'' some books? I thought they WANTED people to take publications? I'm just traying to figure out the logical reason for libraries to be offlimits to non-bethelites.....

Maybe I will call bethel, *67 my number first, and ask if bethel library is offlimits to visitors, and if so, ask for the reasoning behind that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit