BASIC thinking....a TEST of how rational we are.

by Terry 72 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Uh-huh. Stick your hand in a bonfire for a few minutes and tell us if your third-degree burns actually "exist" or have simply "occurred"....LOL....

uh huh. the burns exist and the fire occurs? i dunno. no one said that because you were a scientist that you had to use your brain ALL of the time.

okay people. ready?

BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... BASIC thinking .... TEST ... terry has a test for you all. a test of BASIC THINKING. will you PASS?? it's a TEST you know!!

uuuuhhhhhhh..... i feel nervous now. what if i fail my "TEST" at "BASIC thinking"??!! oh NOOOOOO!!!!

tetra

• RAF
    RAF

LisaBObeesa

I'm kinda simple and slow and lots of words confuse me.

Can someone please tell me, yes or no: Is Terry saying that abstract concepts are not real and so do not really exist, and that only concrete things are real?

Thanks in advance.

Now that was smart LisaBObeesa ... and so simply put ... but if he had put it this way he would have realised how limited rationnaly it was regarding EVERYTHING ... since people don't care about NOTHING - but only when they want something out of nothing (read in between the lines) and more over when everything and nothing can be put into perspective contextually.

Bascally this was not a test about rational thinking ... (you had two answers for each question) - because for instance when someone kill somebody else because he hated him (for what ever reasons rational or not) the one who have been killed could have been rational enough or not to get scared of the one who killed him. but one thing is sure then the Hate was Real !!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i'm sure Ayn Rand is looking down from heaven right now laughing her a$$ off. :)

tetra

• proplog2
    proplog2

Tetra:

Ayn Rand is too busy f-ing the Devil. You know she went to hell.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Basic thought: Farkel's posts make me horny.

See, SPAZnik? It is all about perception. His post made me laugh, but only his avatar made me horny.

AuldSoul

• kid-A
    kid-A

uh huh. the burns exist and the fire occurs? i dunno. no one said that because you were a scientist that you had to use your brain ALL of the time.

Fire occurs because it exists. Pretty simple really. Shall I will ascribe your petty little insult to a bad bag of weed? LOL.....or were you not stoned when you wrote this?

• Terry
    Terry
    . I am calling you on it. If you can present your argument for fire being real without hyperbole or calling me silly or questioning whether I am serious then we will have a discussion, otherwise I submit that love is real to an equal degree that fire is real.

This is rather hilarious!

You are challenging me to reason with you in such a way so as to CONVINCE YOU that fire is real!!???

Okay. Here goes.

Test #1

Step 1.Get three people you trust to start a fire.

Step 2.

Stick your hand where they say the fire is.

Step 3. Note your reaction to placing your hand where your trusted friends claim the fire is.

Step 4. Report back to me on the reality of fire and your change of heart. (After dressing the wound.)

There! That might work.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Some humans make too big of a deal with "thinking". It is just one aspect of being an organism. We also feel, sense & do. We are thinkers, feelers, doers, and seers. These four things (1. sensing 2.Thinking 3. feeling 4. doing) are all interconnected to the life process. The four attributes of God are related to these four things: Love = feeling Wisdom = sensing Thinking = Justice Power = Doing.

In this context thinking by itself can really get fucked up. (Sorry for using that word. But I am getting more courage to rebel) Thinking is effective and creative ONLY if it is balanced with the other functions. Think about people who are locked in their brains - Autism Spectrum Disorders. There is a disconnect between feeling and thinking.

Once when talking with Karl Klein (dead GB) he told me that where women are Wisdom and Love - men are Justice and Power. While I don't agree with such a sweeping statement it does seem that Wisdom and Love are more heteronomous and Justice and Power are more autonomous. I don't want to "think" without input from my "feelings". I don't want to act without "feeling" Sometimes, though there isn't time to think so I have to act without deliberation and I am at the mercy of my "feelings". Wisdom often comes by setting aside your thoughts (pre-judgement-prejudice) which is the basis for Eastern Meditative practices.

Terry, as they used to say in the 1960's empty your head and come to your senses.

By the way - I believe our temperaments are the result of how we "mix=temper" Love/Feeling Wisdom/Sensing Justice/Thinking Power/Doing

Terry, I would say you are a Justice/Wisdom/Power/Feeling person.

I am a Wisdom/Love/Justice/Power person

What do YOU think YOU are?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

"Everything is relative and conceptual." - Minister Amos

This is a good point.

The "rational" cannot exist without the "irrational". And, of course, vice versa.

The scale/test may be biased and in danger of blindly supporting outright bigotry, becoming subject to same.

Then again, I can see how the concept of a scale/test as a stab at a measuring tool of relativity between the "rational" and the "irrational" might be titillating.

Perhaps it could measure whether I'm mystically rational or rationally mystical.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

AuldSoul - LOL :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit