Internet warning

by mouthy 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• carla
    carla

1. Would you invite a stranger into your home without first finding out who he is? What if there was no way to find out? Would you allow such a stranger to be alone with your children? This is an indisputable possibility on the Internet.

I bring that up as well, what a joke! How many people do in fact open their doors and homes to jw's?

And in #9- Could I be contributing to the spiritual injury of others?-- need I say more?

From #15- We are not personally required to provide credentials to prove that we are one of Jehovah's Witnesses. -- Is that really true? I thought when visiting a cong in another state for example they do in fact ask about your hometown cong. If moving your pub. card is forwarded, etc... Even calling and asking about when the reject Jesus memorial is while on vacation will bring questioning, I think that has been said here anyway.

#20 Can we say that this is achieved if others do our research for us? --- Are they kidding? That is the same excuse my jw uses for not doing any research, his 'brothers' have done all the research needed.

#24 USING OUR TIME WISELY:--- Meaning: quit wasting time on the internet, get you tails out there in fs.

#26 Are you not happiest when your life is filled with Kingdom pursuits rather than any other activity? -- I can't say anything nice here and will refrain.

#28 How happy we are that the 'Yearbook' the Watchtower' and Awake! are filled with verifiable experiences --- they are verifialbe? how? Could I (or an active jw) contact the wt and ask for verification or to contact those in the stories?

#31 sounds like they are trying to restrict information even amongst themselves.

If jw's have such a strong faith what is the worry? How could simply reading about the org or other religions weaken their 'truth'? Do they ever stop and think if my faith is so very fragile maybe something is wrong here?

• Gayle
    Gayle

It should scare the JWs that we (apostates) get their "new light" from Jehovah (via internet) before they do!! What fun!

• DocBob
    DocBob

1. The publications provided by Jehovah's organization stimulate our minds with up-building thoughts and train us "to distinguish both right and wrong" (Heb 5: 14) Can we say that this is achieved if others do our research for us?
    2. This comment jumped out at me. Doesn't the WTS do the research for JW's? Aren't they only supposed to read what they spoon feed the publishers? The comments at the WT study are supposed to only be read from the paragraphs. There is no research for JW's to do except from their own publications - that have had the research already done for them!!
        Good catch there BB. It reminded me of this:

w676/1p.338MoveAheadwithJehovah’sOrganization***

We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in TheWatchtower and other publications of the Society.

1. mouthy
          mouthy

Yes Doc Bob...We were told we didnt need to do research the WT did it for us...I believed that

2. KAYTEE
          KAYTEE

Mouthy,

Thank you very much for all your effort, I’m printing out pages of information for my JW file.

How they (witnesses) can say this is apostate stuff puzzles me, when all the material is their OWN

Brilliant,

KT

3. Jeffro
          Jeffro

Bumble Bee:

The comments at the WT study are supposed to only be read from the paragraphs.

Why this dishonesty? They are actually 'encouraged'™ to put the answers in their own words rather than reading them straight from the paragraph. It would be nice if bad things said about people could be restricted to the truth.

4. Deputy Dog
          Deputy Dog
          When we go to the Kingdom Hall, there is no question that we are with our brothers. We know them. No one requires authentication of this because the brotherly love manifested make it obvious. We are not personally required to provide credentials to prove that we are one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Auldsoul

That's a good one.

Many times at bethel they ask to see blood cards before they would let us buy books or CDs!

Also If I go to the Kingdom Hall next year which Watchtower will they give me?

5. mouthy
          mouthy

Not the 15th thats for sure

6. mouthy
          mouthy

Not the 15th thats for sure

7. mouthy
          mouthy

OOps sorry

Share this

Google+
        Pinterest