Internet warning

by mouthy 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mouthy
  • Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

1. The publications provided by Jehovah's organization stimulate our minds with up-building thoughts and train us "to distinguish both right and wrong" (Heb 5: 14) Can we say that this is achieved if others do our research for us?
    2. This comment jumped out at me. Doesn't the WTS do the research for JW's? Aren't they only supposed to read what they spoon feed the publishers? The comments at the WT study are supposed to only be read from the paragraphs. There is no research for JW's to do except from their own publications - that have had the research already done for them!!
      BB
  • Gill
    Gill

Mouthy - I remember this article and it kept me away from the internet, or at least searching JWs on the Internet until 2004.

Once you start reading the real truth about the WTBTS you just can't stop....even if you try to deny what you have read.....it is already TOO late!

Little wonder they fear the Internet.

• DJK
    DJK

I have been living in an area that's supposed to be canvased by the Haverhill, Ma. congregation for five years now and the JWs have been here once. I don't know if it's from a reduced number of ministerial slaves, falsifications on their service reports or economic issues, but when the WTBST realizes this, I think they will change there stance, exploit the internet and begin using it as a tool so they can continue being fishers of men.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The congregation also provides spiritual support and assistance for those associated with it. Therein, you can find a group of loving, concerned, and caring friends - people you personally know they are ready and willing to help and comfort others in time of distress. (2 Cor 7: 5-7) Congregation members are protected by the Scriptural provision for disfellowshipping those who sin unrepentantly or who promote apostate thinking. ( 1 Cor 5: 9-13; Titus 3: 10,11) Can we expect to find these same loving arrangements when associating with others via the Internet?

The JW's 'help' a person during times of distress by turning their backs on them.

• DJK
    DJK

I found the names of two JWs posted on the internet on three reunion sites. One of them posted as single interested in dating and they are married for many years now.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bump

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yep. I do believe that the key to the WTS losing it's credibility, numbers and money is the internet. Thanks for posting this, ((((Mouthy)))).

I can't really add anything to what's been so well pointed out by the other posters here.

Frannie

• calico
    calico
    When we go to the Kingdom Hall, there is no question that we are with our brothers. We know them. No one requires authentication of this because the brotherly love manifested make it obvious. We are not personally required to provide credentials to prove that we are one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This part got me--as if you can walk into a KH and completely trust everyone! Bull****!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Maybe it's because doing a search for "JW+Pedophile" or "Jehovah's Witness Elder+Drunk Driver+Kills" turn up so many hits.

It's a lot easier to maintain the appearance of "cleanliness" when you only listen to propoganda. I bet that lots of Nazis had no idea that they were gassing Jews, they thought they were the victims.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit