NEW LIGHT ! Wedding Rings!!!!!!!!!

by bigmouth 20 Replies latest social humour

• Scully
    Scully
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York.

The dead give-away. They currently sign letters to congregations as The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Excellent spoof though!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I thought it was interesting that the early Protestant Puritans, the Quakers and 19th century Seventh Day Adventists reject the wedding ring as pagan. The JW's arbitrariness continues to amaze me.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hmmm.. all those jw jewelers in new york would have a fit if they shut down the wedding rings.(oh wait... those are jewish jewelers..the jws wash the jewish jewelers windows...)

• oldflame
    oldflame
    In 1936 it was pointed out that the evidence indicates that Christ died on a stake, not a two-beamed cross.

How can they stand and say this when there is evidence that a cross was indeed used ?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

No wedding rings should make it easier for the elders to seduce shepherd the vulnerable faithful.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Is this letter for real? They can't be serious!!! Thank god I'm not under any stupid rules anymore ... my wedding ring has 12 diamonds and there's no way in HELL I was giving it up!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ok, for clarity, this letter is a SPOOF. It is not REAL. It is written as if it WERE real, which is funny.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

MOVED to Jokes and Humor

• moshe
    moshe

I remember a JW explaining to me why JW's don't celebrate birthdays- "and- John the Baptist had his head cut off at a birthday party- so we don't celebrate birthdays.

I told him, " so , if it had been a wedding party instead of a birthday party, you wouldn't be doing weddings either?"

He was left totally speechless. His WT logic had failed him at that point.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

If someone with only two years secondary education and a mental illness can write a spoof like this, imagine the qualifications the writing staff at HQ must have!

Funnily, I had to 'dumb down' some of the terms I found during research and put them into 'Witness-speak'. This letter could just as easily been posted under Bible Research and Study Articles but Humour is OK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit