Does anyone know the Caldwell's in Australia?

by ssrriotsquad 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

I'm sure plenty of you'se have plenty of stories to tell regarding this family. Especially if you were on the wrong side of them. I know of a few that I heard but am wanting to more of what they are like.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

The word is - he is now goooooonnnnnnnnnne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Australia = 80000 active publishers. You're going to have to be more specific.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I'm intrigued. Can you tell us where abouts in Australia they might have been?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know the name, but am struggling to place them. Any more details to help my memory.

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

A family that moved England to Western Australia. Lived there for some time in Perth (wrecked the cong with their stern and strict ways) before leaving for South Australia and did the same but didn't last a long. They moved to the Illawarra area about 23 years ago before moving the the Hunter Valley 6 years ago.

In each congregation he has caused that much friction, that he either moved away by force (death threats supposedly for which I dont blame) or that the family outstayed their welcome. But with each move, the body of elders gave him a letter of recommendation to the following congregation just to get rid of him.

He was referred to as "Bobbie" Caldwell, "Bobbie" being slang for a English policeman due to the hat they wear called a "Bobbie". He wife we refer to as being Mrs Hyacynth Bucket (from the english sitcom "Keeping Up Appearances" (pronounced Bouquet - its french) which highlights her fakeness and being sophisticated when she really isn't. A daughter whom we call Mega-Me which is due to her being a larger version of her mother (both in height, width and ugliness). Their youngest son we have two names, one "Skinny-Me" due to he being like his father or "Sheridan" the son's name of Mrs Bucket.

They have a son that was a Bethel for a time and that now has married with a child and now is being a CO in around the southern part of Western Australia. I have given him the name of "Weasel" because that's what he is and being a combination of his parents.

They have a daughter in above the Sunshine Coast of Queensland which does not want anything to do with her parents. A son in the ACT which stirs his parents because of their strict ways. A daugther who is disfellowshipped in Sydney area I believe.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

From the way you describe them they sound quite unforgettable.

So I'm sure I've never crossed tracks with any of them.

Cheers,
    DK.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I know the son from Bethel but can't really remember him. My memories of Bethel have luckily faded.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Don't hold back SS, tell us how you really feel about them!

Can't say I've heard mention of them.............

(BTW "Bobbies" were named that because Robert Peel was the founder of the police force in England, Bob or bobbies short for Robert! Useless information I know)

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

Well let's just say, we had a cong that was about 70 publishers about six years ago, when he moved in less than 2 years it had dropped down to 40, now we have just about 25 and still have have some ready to move out.

It's sad to say that our nearest congregations are 50km to the west, east and south and about 80km north. So they only option that the bros had was to move elsewhere, but they still work in our area! Whereas where this family came from the Illawarra had 3 cong meeting at the same hall, and the bros had the choice of attending the other cong instead of the one they were in. Those who cannot get along woth this family were planning to get a mini bus and travel to our neighbours to their meetings for a change. We were even planning to go to cong west of us for the Memorial just to make the CO see that we mean business! It has come to the realisation that either they move or we move!

But now we have those 3 neighbouring congs sending up brothers to help us in our situation now that (he supposedly stepped down) we have only one elder. Some of these brothers were originally going to move into our cong but didn't so because of this family. This family has no shame about themselves either. We have the CO's wife tell a family that was going to move into our cong not to go there as we have a big problem.

So you can guess why we are trying to find out ways to make their life hell now. While he is out of the protected species category, we are kicking him while he is down and also that of his family so they move out of our cong and area and we will personally make sure whatever cong they go to we will let them know of why they had to move from our cong.

The son from Bethel was a type of person that dobbed everyperson not doing the proper thing to his superiors. I know of other Bethelites who knew of him and stayed well away from him because of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit