Will six screens end up like the quotes site?

by seek2find 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Going back to the very first thread about this site, I mentioned that your typical jw would be turned off by the theme. I just realized what other website reminded me of ssotw. Take a quick peek and tell me a good little jw would browse the site, or better yet, visit the place.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

They both have the same "feel," don't they?

• warmthofthesun
    warmthofthesun

Yeah, agreed, there needs to be a redesign. The site has a dark ominous feel that makes you think you are looking at something you shouldn't. This would totally validate a current JWs feelings that they are doing something wrong by looking at it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I mentioned that your typical jw would be turned off by the theme. I just realized what other website reminded me of ssotw.
    Take a quick peek and tell me a good little jw would browse the site, or better yet, visit the place.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

They both have the same "feel," don't they?

I agree with Jourles. Otherwise, I like the reading content of the pages. Most JW's would be outathere so fast,
    but perhaps some teens will keep looking. I think most teens like the "forbidden" aspect of things.

• seek2find
    seek2find

For what it's worth or isn't and to whom it may concern, I have no connections with the people behind the six screens site. I guess the reason it appeals to me is because I get the feeling that they are striving to maintain a Christian prespective away from the orginazation which is what I want to do also. Some people leave and become swept away by the free no God lifestyle, and if that's the way they want it, I can't change it. But, for me leaving a beleif system that one finds to be in error doesn't mean I have to leave God at the same time. So to sum it up. The only connection between me and the owners of six screens is that we both still want God in our lives. If some other anti-witness site does more for you, go for it, I can't stop you, nor would I try to. We all are endowed with freedom, how we choose to use it is a personal matter. Peace to you, seek2find

• Kaput
    Kaput

Well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit