Are there any good WT books?

by PopeOfEruke 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They're all good....

I was pitying you there for a moment.

... for a laugh

LOL. Some provide better laughter than others.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The Kingdom Interlinear Translation is very useful for showing how the NWT deviates from the meaning of the original Greek in several passages.

And the Bible in Living English is a serviceable translation made by a non-JW but published only by the WTS.

As onthewayout said, there is some good research in the Insight books, but nothing that couldn't be found in other sources without the possibility of contamination by Watchtower dogma.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

There are a few that are good for a hearty laugh. The Creation book is one of them.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When I believed in it I liked reading some of the moderately old books. I thought What Has Religion Done for Mankind? and Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose were good. Both were written during the Witness 'golden age' in the early post-war period. They are not so enjoyable if you don't believe it I imagine.

Slim

• Satanus
    Satanus

The aide book has a fair amount of research materilas put into it. Of course, the usual wt topics like 587/607 are fudged. The insght book has even more fudge in it.

S

• atypical
    atypical

If I was going to be forced to read one, I would choose the Mankind's Search for God book. Although it is simplistic and uses part of every chapter for shameless self-promotion, it at least gave me (at 14 and newly baptized) a glimpse into other groups. That grew into a curiosity that eventually led me to research not only the history of other religions, but the history of the jws. And researching the history of the jws is pretty much a one way ticket to ex-dub land, in my opinion.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Are there any good WT books?

The only good WT book is a closed WT book.

The only good WT book was made back when the WT produced their own matches.

The only good WT book is an unplaced WT book.

• Kaput
    Kaput

They're ALL good...in a wood stove.

• JWdaughter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit