Can a person become anointed before being baptised?

by unbaptized 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

unbaptized -- you sound like you'd make a good dubby , so why don't you just go thru with it? You don't listen to counter arguments and are quite sure you are right about everything , so what's stopping you?

• onacruse
    onacruse

heathen, howdy dude!

unbaptized -- you sound like you'd make a good dubby , so why don't you just go thru with it? You don't listen to counter arguments and are quite sure you are right about everything , so what's stopping you?

Ya, I asked him/her the same question, and un(un)unbaptized chose not to answer. Maybe you'll be more successful.(??!??) Although, I'll bet you $5 what's really going on, eh? Craig (of the "loves Texas hold-em" class)

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

How do you know what I am? The point is this is an informational site. People have points of interest regarding the Org and it's beliefs. I do not come across as knowing everything, but I have read comments from people who claim to know everything. They also insult people with all kinds of comments. I've never insulted anyone on this site, I respect everyones opinion. But what I am seeking is information from every source, cause I firmly believe that everyone has an opinion and should be heard.

Now Frannie to my knowledge Jesus did not leave the religion of the Jews but he fulfilled it's obligation and constituted a new convenant with his followers. Christians are not under the law of the Jews, but still obey the principles of the law. So how could Jesus start a new religion?

• onacruse
    onacruse
    How do you know what I am?

That's why we asked. Is it too much for you to give a straightforward answer to a straightforward question?

The point is this is an informational site.

It's much more than that. In fact, I am quite comfortable in saying that the main value of JWD is as an inter-personal site, with 'informational' aspects often more of a confirmation of personal suspicions and personal experiences.

People have points of interest regarding the Org and it's beliefs.

True enough. But the ability of people here to give you appropriate information is based, in no small part, on "knowing" a bit about where you are 'coming from.' I think that's a reasonable expectation?

But what I am seeking is information from every source...

Then why hide yourself with evasive non-answers? If truth is your goal, then truth must be the tool you use.

• atypical
    atypical

How do you know what I am? The point is this is an informational site. People have points of interest regarding the Org and it's beliefs. I do not come across as knowing everything, but I have read comments from people who claim to know everything. They also insult people with all kinds of comments. I've never insulted anyone on this site, I respect everyones opinion. But what I am seeking is information from every source, cause I firmly believe that everyone has an opinion and should be heard.

Now Frannie to my knowledge Jesus did not leave the religion of the Jews but he fulfilled it's obligation and constituted a new convenant with his followers. Christians are not under the law of the Jews, but still obey the principles of the law. So how could Jesus start a new religion?

Well, I learn something new every day. Here I've been walking around thinking that Judaism and Christianity were different religions.

• heathen
    heathen
    Well, I learn something new every day. Here I've been walking around thinking that Judaism and Christianity were different religions.

I hope you are being scarcastic there . They are different religions and that brings us back to the 2 folds of sheep , since according to the judaic law the gentiles were allowed to worship as a jew but stil were not part of the covenant people . Now the gentiles were part of the new covenenant and could worship as equals with the jews . I can see where unbaptized is getting confused just as the WTBTS does in the interpretation , since I can agree there are 144k that are martyred and are co-rulers with christ and there is a great crowd that are mentioned who are rescued from the great tribulation by the kingdom arrival . They even had me for awhile misapplying that scripture but after further research I've concluded that it's not quite right . For a corporation that says it's not spirit inspired nor a prophet they sure can come off sounding as if they are .

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

unbaptized,

John 9 shows that any who confessed Jesus were being expelled from the synagogue. The kind of expulsion was shammatta, the most severe form, equivalent to disfellowshipping among Jehovah's Witnesses today. John 9 also shows what Jesus thought of the Pharisees authority, in that, as soon as they had disfellowshipped a man from the synagogue, Jesus sought him out and asked him to be his follower.

There is no question at all that Jesus rejected the authority of the Pharisees. If you were confused on this point I suggest you study the Bible much more thoroughly before deciding to become baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

AuldSoul

• Borgia
    Borgia

Unbabtized: plese compare:

Ex. 19:4-6 Ex 12: 43-49 Lev. 16:29-31 Lev 18:26-30 Lev 19:33, 34 Lev 24:15, 16, 22 Num. 15:8 – 16 Num. 15:27-31 Joz. 8:32-35

with

Ez. 47:21-23

and

Gal. 3; Ef 1:7; ACTS 3:25,26 (key) ; 8:14-17; John 1:12; Romans 4:23 - 5:5; Hebr.11:6; i John 5:1,13; Rev. 7:14; Matth 28:19,20;

and

Math. 26:26.29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:14-20; 1 Cor.11:23-26; please not: later that evening 33 GT: Lukas 22:28; Jer. 31:31-34

New Covenant is about forgiving sin!!!!!!! Not a kingdom. Therefore: all of mankind can benefit from that covenant provided they believe. Thus becoming: spiritual Israel: Now please mind the wording of REV.7:4-8 combined with Ez. 47 and REV 20: 4-7.

In case you were wondering: Matth 25: 34, 40: (WTS applies this to the great crowd:) THEY INHERIT THE KINGDOM! THUS BEING FELLOW INHERITORS WITH CHRIST....ergo....Romans chapter 8!

Cheers

Borgia

P.S. sorry for the amount of scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit