Can a person become anointed before being baptised?

by unbaptized 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Can a person become anointed before being baptised?

• PEC
    PEC

Sure, insanity (hearing voices) does not require baptism.

Philip

• hambeak
    hambeak

NO your are not counted at the memorial as one of the anointed unless you are in good standing.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

If you check the scriptures in Acts the Roman Centurion and his family were baptised with Holy Spirit before they were baptised with water. Don't you find that kinda strange?

• onacruse
    onacruse

w 3/15/1917 Reprints page 6061

The question may arise in the minds of some, Who should partake of the Memorial? We answer, Those, and those only, who have entered into a covenant with the Lord by sacrifice. This means that if we have made a full consecration unto the Lord, trusting in the merit of Christ Jesus, then it will be our privilege and our great joy to commemorate the death of the Master by partaking of the Memorial emblems and thereby testifying that we have agreed to die with Christ Jesus, and with each other as members of his body. If the opportunity has been afforded, we should have symbolized our consecration by water immersion, thus testifying to the deadness of our wills. We suggest that provision be made for the symbolizing of consecration by water immersion prior to the celebration of the Memorial, for those not yet immersed who desire to partake; but the mere fact that one had not observed baptism since being accepted of the Lord would not necessarily preclude him from partaking of the Memorial.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

So the answer is "Yes" a person can partake of the emblems and not be baptised.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

If he is called of course.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Sure. A whole household full of Gentiles were baptized by the Holy Ghost prior to water baptism.

A common JW mistake is to refer to ONLY water baptism as baptism. Anyone who is anointed has been baptized. Some have simply been baptized twice—once with water and once by the Holy Ghost.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• onacruse
    onacruse

unbaptized, you said on another thread here:

If Jehovah isn't the true God then who is? If the Jehovah's Witnesses aren't God's people then who is?

Please let me know and I need current information, not outdated information regarding the origin of the organization. I need biblical facts that can be researched.

My quotation to you was an answer from the Watch Tower, the official theocratic means of communication of Jehovah's Witnesses between themselves and to the world. Therefore, it cannot be "outdated." If you like, I'll be glad to send you a copy of that 1917 Watch Tower article, and you can take it to the Kingdom Hall and show it to the elders, thereby showing them that you have the absolute right to partake. That should settle the matter.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

An interesting take on this can be found by reading albert schroeder's life story. In it he talks about how back in the day only the anointed had to get baptized. If you thought you were of the O.S class you did not have to get baptized. But,(there is always a butt with these guy's) if you were to serve in some special capacity (like pioneer, bethel etc.) you had to get baptized. So here you have schroeder thinking hes of the O.S. till he gets baptized and as he says 'becomes vary aware he is of the annointed.

I think his life story is in one of the early mid 80's WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit