Can a person become anointed before being baptised?

by unbaptized 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Actually EVERY JW was of the 144K class when they first started up. I refuse to use "anointed" because Matthew makes references ad nauseum to EVERY Christian being "anointed".

Some "adjustments" obviously needed to be made with time as the Org grew......

• onacruse
    onacruse

darth frosty, as you mentioned (you have a good memory!!):

*** w88 3/1 p. 11 My Life in Jehovah’s Spirit-Directed Organization ***

We began our pioneer service before we were baptized because at that time it was not clearly understood whether those with the earthly hope needed to be baptized or not. However, after I was baptized in Vandercook Lake, Michigan, July 24, 1932, it became evident that my hope had changed to that of an anointed one, which was confirmed by the ‘witness of the spirit.’—Romans 8:16.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Cornelius received spirit before babtism. babtism could no longer be withheld after Peter saw Cornelius' household being under influence of spirit. There you go. However, people have oftentimes tried to channel the spirit. While in fact the spirit is kind of....chaotic, outside of human organisational structure.......I wonder why....

cheers

Borgia

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

So those who are anointed are first baptised with God's Holy Spirit and then they perform the public baptism by water. So a person can be anointed by spiritual baptism before even being baptised by water. If this is the case the anointed are called before they even take up service to God in the ministry. So life long service does not qualify a person to be of the heavenly anointed. They receive a token in advance to let them know they are of this fold.

• heathen
    heathen
    They receive a token in advance to let them know they are of this fold.

Looks like you still ascribe to the WTBTS dogma of 2 folds of sheep meaning anointed and non anointed . The bible is clear that the 2 folds of sheep jesus spoke of were jews and gentiles .They could worship as one group after his resurrection instead of the old way of the mosaic law that kept both seperate .

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Heathen is right, unbaptized. Consider John 9:40-10:18 and you will find Jesus was addressing the Pharisees in front of other people. Then consider Ephesians 2 and it will snap right into place for you.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• heathen
    heathen

I think that was the point of the whole story with cornelius being anointed before baptism . Then peter has the vision and is told that what God has made clean you must not reject . Apparently the early church was divided just as the masaic law seperated jews from gentiles because that was all they had to go by until the spirit inspiration led them in a different direction . That story clearly showed that they were all of the same spirit.The enmity was now between followers of christ and the world and no longer between jews and gentiles. IMO

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not according to the JWs they do not count any unbaptised among the anointed and not even ones that were baptised for only a short time. Of course we still don't really know what they mean by anointed because they never bothered to clarify it. It is just having this inner feeling of being called they say but that is not enough to qualify someone for such a special class.

Of course the JWs are not bona fide Christians and all this anointed class of theirs is pure mythology.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

To my knowledge of the scriptures there is but one group who are called for Heavenly service. I do not have a problem with that information at all. Everyone who is professing to have this calling are not really of this fold of sheep. It is more than a feeling. It 's more than a thought. Just like a man cannot deny his own existence, so an anointed one of Jehovah cannot deny his own calling. There's always proof that a man was born and proof that he died, so why wouldn't there be proof for those who are anointed also.

• heathen
    heathen

unbaptized - you can interpret things either way if you want because the point is the kingdom arrives on earth therefor heaven is on earth , like in the model prayer," your kingdom come and will take place on earth as in heaven." I think the WTBTS has some very messed up dogma in association with great crowd and 144k .The 144k IMO are martyred and have to pass a final test of loyalty until death because they make up the first resurrection and only those in the first resurrection, death has no authority over them . The great crowd are delivered from the great tribulation and will never know death. Also known as the "rapture".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit