Girl Scouts

by lonelysheep 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

*slaps arm vein*

I'm a total GS cookie addict. I have 2 boxes of Samoas and 2 boxes of the penut butter and chocolate ones coming.

*droool*

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

My daughter is a Girl Scout, Junior, and we just distributed our GS cookie order for our neighborhood, and um, the Thins Mints are all gone!!

• agapa37
    agapa37

You were rewarded with prizes and smiles for one, rather than the promise of a paradise.

Whats wrong with a promise of a better life hun? wouldn't you welcome positve and lasting changes? I know you would.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nothing is wrong with a promise of a better life...except when it's a huge stinking lie.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

No girlscouts is a no no.

I'm probably going to get my daughters involved with spiral scouts, which is basically a very similar thing, but it is geared for pagan parents.

http://www.spiralscouts.org/metadot/index.pl

Some of the things I have seen in the news regarding the girl/boy scouts has concerned me. I believe there was an instance or there is a rule that homosexuals cannot be leaders. Plus, I get a very strong Christian vibe from it, which I don't believe is Wrong, we just aren't raising our kids along those lines and felt that spiral scouts would be a better choice.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They're trying to expand. Just heard a clip on NPR about GS troops that are wholy muslim and how the troop activities are structured around the girls' faith.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

This is good news MrsJones, thank you for sharing, I had wondered about this.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Whats wrong with a promise of a better life hun? wouldn't you welcome positve and lasting changes? I know you would.

Sweetie, you know I did! I got fed up with unfulfilled promises.

BSOM--I forgot about the whole god thing w/the girlscouts. I'll take a look at the Spiral Scouts.

At every meeting, we also would recite the girl scout pledge:

"On my honor, I will try, toserve God, and our country, to help others something something, and to live by the girl scout law."

I don't know how I remember this!

• quixote
    quixote

Girl Scout Cookies Rule !

I wanted to join the Boy Scouts, but because the meetings were held in a Catholic Church, my mom wouldn't allow me to attend.

Q.

• onacruse
    onacruse

You shoulda been a Boy Scout:

*** g73 2/22 p. 30 Watching the World ***

Boy Scouts and Firearms

·

Boy’sLife, a monthly magazine of the Boy Scouts of America, features 10-percent advertising for firearms and shells. Around Christmastime, the proportion is much greater, because, according to Associate Publisher Edward L. Kern, rifles are a ‘big seasonal selling item.’ December’s issue carried pictures of twenty-six different weapons, each glorifying trigger-pulling. Young boys are told to get their family to buy them a rifle. Fathers are also appealed to; one advertisement reads, "Remember your first 22? Make a kid happy this Christmas." There were also ads for knives that snap open with the flick of a finger, a 24-pound navy cannon replica that "really shoots" and a midget pistol that fires tiny high-compression blanks. Out of twenty-seven ad pages, eight were devoted to lethal weapons and ammunition. Scout officials claim that, since "firearms are here to stay," gun training and safety are important so boys that pick up a rifle will know "which end is which."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit