Two Christians just came to my door....knock knock

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I let them in - and after they installed my new phone service [yes they were with the cable company], we had a nice discussion about our mutual faith [practiced in three distinct manners].

The installer first looked at my desk, and saw a copy of the KIT [I was just listening to a mp3 audio that debunks it totally] , a copy of Steve Hassan's 'Combatting Cult Mind Control' [a recent gift from another poster here on JWD], a copy of Reverand Lingle's book 'Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses in Love', and a copy of 'Church History in Plain Language'. A glance at my bookselves revealed a dozen Bible translations, and dozens of apostate volumes [CoC, Isocf,Gtr, etc]. So he knew right off that I must be religious.

We had a nice conversation after they were done. Funny how I would never had such a conversation just three years back. One guy was straight laced looking typical Christian, the other was long haired, and I admitted to being 'unchurched' in my Christianity. Yet by the end we were actually speaking on the same page of thought, in agreement, and affirmed our 'brotherhood' in spite of such.

Leaving the falsehood and becoming part of the real world has sure changed everything. On the way out, we spoke as brothers. Awesome.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was going to just read without commenting, but you called to me-

Leaving the falsehood and becoming part of the real world has sure changed
    everything. On the way out, we spoke as brothers.

That's one of the hardest parts about being a fader. I can have polite
    conversations, but can never tip my hand w/o fearing retribution. I am
    happy to read your story which shows that not everyone outside of the
    Borg are dope-smoking fornicators or Satan worshippers.

• mia_b
    mia_b

Happy for you - still haven't read any of the books mentioned yet, will do one day. It is amazing how nice "worldly people" are isn't it - not a load of bandana wearing bearded weirdos at all.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Great for you Jeff, I have had many experiences like this since my leaving and it does feel great, there are many God fearing and God loving people out there that the witnesses would make some believe are nothing more than pagan, not true though.

abr

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

.. and the truth will set you free

Isn't it good that once you are out of the cult, you view other people totally differently - they are not the evil ones that we were led to believe. It seems that we are at last free to be ourselves, without worrying about what others (JWs) might think of us.

Since coming out of the Org. we have found that there are lots of really nice "worldly people", with very good principles and they do not condemn us for having been JWs.

Twinkletoes

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith
    Since coming out of the Org. we have found that there are lots of really nice "worldly people", with very good principles and they do not condemn us for having been JWs.

That is so true twinkletoes. The JW's are the one who judge and condemn people. The "wordly" people are the ones who are accepting towards others. Obviously this is a generalization, but my experiences are definetly very positive.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

'Judge not lest ye be judged'...I dont think that verse is in the NWT.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    I am happy to read your story which shows that not everyone outside of the
    Borg are dope-smoking fornicators or Satan worshippers.

We are a puzzlement to the local JWs, because In some ways, we live even "cleaner" lives than they do, and yet deep down they just KNOW that we are worshipping Satan and not Jehovah...

I really think we should come up with a JWD secret handshake so that faders will know who it is safe to be friendly towards! Any suggestions?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Maybe when extending the hand, hold back the pinky finger and say 'And these three are one'. ?

Jeff

• zack
    zack

Jeff:

Being raised a dub, I thought of anyone with long hair, a beard, or a (god forbid!) tatoo as someone to be totally avoided. So on one of

my first jobs, my supervisor is this long haired, bearded, ciggarette smoking wordling. He was one of the kindest, gentlest people I had

ever met. A family man. Spent all free time with his children. He was patient, would teach you, and I never heard him use foul language.

I regretted so many times my instant judgement of this kind and humble man. So what you said in your post about the "straight laced"

Christian guy and the long haired guy, I can really identify with. So many times it was said at the hall when speaking in relationship to

God choosing David to be king that He didn't judge by outward appearance. And yet as dubs, that's exactly what we did. This supervisor

of mine taught me a real lesson. Thanks for the post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit