Were we "Unfaithful" for leaving, or were they unfaithful....

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

They (the Watchtower) virtually guaranteed Armageddon, and the paradise to follow, in 1975, and when we were disappointed that it didn't come, they blamed us for expecting too much, but exonerated themselves.

They told us that the new system had to come before the end of the 20th century, but postponed Armageddon in 1995 with the generation change.

They disfellowshipped individual JWs for the slightest hint of any political involvement, then joined the UN secretly as an NGO,

They were more than happy to expose evidence of child abuse in other religions, in particular the Catholics, but concealed the fact that it is rife in the Watchtower, and routinely disfellowshipped those who tried to expose that.

Yes, they are indeed the unfaithful ones. We weren't unfaithful in leaving such an organisation, merely enlightened.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

1 Cor 4:3-5 3 As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don’t even trust my own judgment on this point. 4 My conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide. 5 So don’t make judgments about anyone ahead of time—before the Lord returns. For he will bring our darkest secrets to light and will reveal our private motives. Then God will give to each one whatever praise is due.

What they think of me means, nothing.

abr

• NanaR
    NanaR

When I was baptized (back in the dark ages LOL, actually in the 1960s), there was no mention of the "organization" in the baptismal questions (only 2, asked on the day of baptism). I perceived myself to be baptized, as the scriptures say, in the "name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit". My dedication was to God -- it was NOT to any organization on earth.

I am still serving God. I have NOT been unfaithful to Him, although I have left the Witness "organization".

The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has changed dramatically in my lifetime. I barely recognize the congregations as they are now in the context of how I was raised. Particularly, my parents always encouraged me to question everything -- even the organization. Now, merely asking the questions gets one kicked to the curb.

They have given their own rules and regulations more force and effect than the laws of God.

I had to leave them to remain faithful to Him.

Ruth

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

take a young child (as I was) brought up within the Borg, exposed only to their teaching , trained to view the outside world as belonging to Satan, encouraged to be baptised at a very early age - long before the age of legal responsibility - and they want to hold me to a decision that I took then?

At that time I was too young to ride a motor cycle, drive a car , get married, have sex legally , take out a contract for credit or HP, vote ....

and they want to bind me for the rest of my life? As it happens I took a Looong time to see that they were wrong , but the contract was still made when I was a boy - not valid ...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

We left because we find it impossible to be faithful to an unfaithful and godless Matrix-like entity comprised of megalomaniacal tyrants out to conquer and control the world for their OWN purposes.

Frannie

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

Depends what you mean by "faithful" and "unfaithful".....If you mean faithful to God, then neither us nor the WTS is unfaithful but we are simply faithful according to either of our interperetations of what God requires from us. If you mean faithful/unfaithful to the WTS, then it is us who've walked away from them who are unfaithful....Basically the answer depends on what you or they are trying to be faithful to.....

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

After re reading your post, I see where I was confused....

Active witnesses see us apostates as "Unfaithful people" who took an oath to serve God as JW's and we stopped and left the Organization.

We on the other hand, see the Watchtower as Unfaithful to their past teachings because they changed so much during the years. On top of that even what they didn't change, it's not happening.

You use two different criteria for what is considered "unfaithful"....Each of these is equally true..We took an oath to serve Jehovah as the WTS deems correct. We backed out, so we are considered unfaithful. The WTS is unfaithful to their "prophecies" and to the context of the bible, so they are considered unfaithful...In an either/or situation like you've presented here, there can be no degrees of "faithfulness"...similarly, you can not me more or less dead...you are either dead or not.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I have no guilt. I got baptized bassed on lies they told me, so I renig my contract which was not made on good faith on their part. A person can have faith until something is proven not to be so, at which time to continue to have faith is what a great many intelligent people call insanity. In my life, my whole deal was it was my mothers religion, 1975 caught me in my formative years, years I should have been preparing myself for the hard life ahead. January 1976 there was no record of armeggedon in Cleveland Ohio, USA. That was my freedom.

As far as they, there is no magic there, They is the blind leading the blind. That kind of life is not for me.

As far as I can tell, the whole bibical Christian movement is having faith in things that have no substance. And then getting goosebumps anytime something happens that you cant explain. Its the oldest con man has perpetuated on his fellow man and being a spokesman for God is the second oldest occupation right behind prostitution. It's always been do as I say not as I do. That is the nature of being a preacher. It doesnt matter Witnoid, catholic, baptist, pentacostal, can you smell the hypocracy?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Active witnesses see us apostates as "Unfaithful people

I think you're being too kind in their assessment. I rather think they see apostates as scum. Dead, rotting pieces of human flesh.

Unfaithful?

Since apostate is just a word that JW's use to justify their behaviour of individuals into good, bad, badder and worse - I don't put much stock in it, however, the watchtower has been in existence long before many of us and has been unfaithful to it's own doctrines and beliefs from the get go. If the watchtower were faithful to its own origins, the light would not get brighter to the point it extinguishes the flame. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit